WTF Elastic Audio??!?!?!?

::XeS::

Mar 30, 2005
Italy
www.myspace.com
Ok...yesterday I tought I was an idiot but I'm not.
I'm editing drum tracks for a band I'm working with and I decided to edit the kick with elastic audio and the rest with BD.
Yesterday evening I consolidate the last part and I check the whole song....holy shit, the kick it's not in grid or at least, not every hit. So I tought I forgot some parts and I re.edit these parts.
This morning I re.check another time...and the first triplet of the song was not in grid....mmmmm, very strange.
So I edited another time with EA and I consolidated the kick...... another time not in grid! So I push cmd+z and, before the consolidation the kick was in grid with EA!
So, WTF???? I edit my tracks and when I consolidate them, it fucks up all my edits....... It's very time consuming because I'm not sure if every time I consolidate a part, it's correct or not...

Edited with EA pre-consolidation
EA_Pre.jpg

Post-consolidation
EA_Post.jpg

Same thing if I disable elastic audio and I choose to commit the regions....same result.
The only solution I find is to print the edited track on disk but.......this fucking REAL TIME printing is useless as fuck on these cases. I cant spend 5 minutes for printing every 5 minutes of editing...bah

Well EA most of the time fucks up consolidations (alt+3), that's it.
To avoid this I commit the region so it prints correctly.
At least you have some hits slightly off grid, while I had fucking PT totally fucking up many times a lot of tracks with EA enabled. basically I had some random audio from other tracks inside the EA regions, fortunately I had backups.
By the way I had EA enabled over all drum tracks, for instance I had some random kicks inside a OH track lol.
I noticed since I used it first time.

hmm, just now saw your second post.

first thing I would ask is your PT8 up to date on most recent updates?
maybe you should post in avid/digi forums about the problem

cuz I have never had anything like this happen to me in PT8 :/

PT 8.0.4
I noticed a curious thing.
I print that triplet in a new track...and the new track is like the consolidated one :D it's very strange. I suppose in a graphic bug at this point.
Anyway I solve it copying another triplet and paste it over the fucked up one.

Ok the digisupport answered to my problem. I sent a session with the problematic track and they find the problem.
The second hit of the triplet was not recognize automaticaly by the warp so I added it manually directly from the warp view. This is the problem.
When there are hits not recognized by the warp automaticaly you have to switch to the Analysis mode and add manually the "lines" for these hits. When you switch to warp now there are all the lines and you can add a warp with a single click and when you consolidate everything is ok.

unfortunately you don't find this out until all editing is done and you've committed (with faith it was correct) and moved on.

If you manually added a warp marker and the analysis wasn't updated that's THEIR fault. And the fact is the warp marker is being ignored.

Yes exactly...but it happens only where you don't have a recognized warp....so you can imagine you will have a mistake in that point.
In fact the triplets where the 3 hits are all recognized, are consolidated correctly