Elbow: "Music pirates are going to hell"

Taken out of context this makes him sound like a religious idiot. I think he's just trying to get his point accross though. The article itself is your standard 'piracy is bad, hurts us musicians, don't do it please' affair. Nothing that hasn't been said before and in more detail.

I admit to pirating music, but I also buy a ton of music. A lot of the music I want I either A) honestly just can't find online or B) just can't afford the ridiculous prices ($79 for Timeless Miracle's debut? yea, right). So I buy whenever I can. This year alone I've bought all the new albums I can think of and a bunch of older albums...

But as I've said before, if it wasn't for piracy, I would've never even found all this music I enjoy (Power Quest admittedly included). And now I own all of their stuff!

I'm afraid I've been guilty of the same-in some cases its been jazz and renaissance pieces that I haven't been able to find in print anywhere. (amazing how many classical bits and pieces surface in metal music...)

I'm afraid I've been guilty of the same-in some cases its been jazz and renaissance pieces that I haven't been able to find in print anywhere. (amazing how many classical bits and pieces surface in metal music...)

Indeed! Kamelot, for example, has used some classical motifs in their songs, as well as Rhapsody.

Ok-I know this link is a bit dated, but I want to apologise...I had no idea there was a genre called neoclassical metal. I have learned something. I only ask for understanding..at 60, I dont always keep up to date as much as I would like...but then I remember when Ozzy could sing...

There are so many bloody genres nowadays you're bound to miss a few. People generally think that Ritchie Blackmore was the first neo-classical metal guitarist anyway, followed by Yngwie Malmsteen and possibly Randy Rhoads. What people call "neo-classical" metal is usually melodic power and/or prog metal with extra-noodly soloing.

Have tickets to see TransSiberianOrchestra in Nov. Have always wanted to see them live after hearing Christmas in Sarajevo. Has anyone seen their show?