Electric drum kits

JoshSylosis

May 16, 2005
Reading, Berkshire
www.facebook.com
Anyone recomend a good yet cheap USB electric kit.
Literally just want something to use with SD2.0 for recordings and for writing sessions at my house (we dont like writing at practise as it's too expensive to sit there trying to come up with stuff when the clock's ticking).
No need for a decent drum brain or sounds. There any kits with mesh heads and no brain - just for connecting up to a comp?

Cheeeers

Its hard to find a kit without the brain, I even contaced Alesis and they said they dont sell the kit by itself.

yeh innit

someone just told me to check this out
http://www.alesis.com/usbprodrumkit

Either that or search on ebay for people selling kits without a brain...

I just want an electric kit so I can record bands from further away as at the mo I can only do real drums by taking my gear to their house/practise space

...this way I can just use SD2.0, get the drummer to play it in )to shut them up) then just quantize the MIDI
aaaaahhhhhahahahahaaaaaaaaaarrrrgggghhhhgggggg

Ok, after further research that Alesis actually looks like an AWESOME purchase!!

If I buy a couple more cymbals and maybe and extra drum pad that'd be perfect for home recordings. Saves me getting a shitty wrist from constant clicking when programming drums

Hi Josh,

I just bought the alesis dm5 pro kit for this purpose and it works amazingly well. Triggering drumkit from hell superior via midi, only 300 quid an all.

Chris

Those look like plastic heads right?

yeah there plastic i was looking at one of them at a local music store till i sat and played one the rolands fees 1000x more like a real drum kit with the mesh heads the alesis has plastic heads that feel liek your banging on a 5 gallon bucket

the alesis with roland pads would be where its at

yeah there plastic i was looking at one of them at a local music store till i sat and played one the rolands fees 1000x more like a real drum kit with the mesh heads the alesis has plastic heads that feel liek your banging on a 5 gallon bucket

the alesis with roland pads would be where its at

Yeah a friend of mine has a "Hayman" kit that has pretty much the same tom's/snare setup and the first stroke put a huge dent in it, it really did feel like a bag of shite, not too mention being load as shit.

Ive got a Roland TD3 and although it feels really good and has a nice mesh snare I don't ever plug it in really because im not fond of the sounds on the brain anymore so I just play it "acoustic" :p Shame really, seeing as the price of it is mainly due to it being electronic....:lol: