Eluveitie

Cheiron

Jan 11, 2006
Found out about Eluveitie from Wrekage, but its an awesome folk-metal band with death vocals. Not sure where you can hear much from them, but can hear some just by visiting their site. http://www.eluveitie.ch/

Had to resurrect this thread because I just (finally) checked this group out and I was blown away!! These guys are very talented and I'm thrilled I'll get to catch one of their upcoming shows on the Heathenfest tour.

Here is my review on Metal Asylum of their latest cd (acoustic), including links to their myspace and band site: http://www.metalasylum.net/reviews/2009/mr09116.php

I'll be looking to pick up their previous cd IN 3 DAYS!! at PP.

They are a great live band (as many have stated here), even if they've lost a couple of their energetic members. The latest CD is great though. It really caught me off guard because I hadn't been paying attention to the news on it, and didn't expect what I heard. Great stuff. Really looking forward to their next offering now.

They were once and amazing band....one of the best live acts....then the two brothers quit the band and now they are very dull live and the new disc is very lackluster. Bummer....this band had such great promise.

They were once and amazing band....one of the best live acts....then the two brothers quit the band and now they are very dull live and the new disc is very lackluster. Bummer....this band had such great promise.

They still do. I can see it being lackluster for somebody wanting METAL. But, its really a more... experimental side of them.

I look forward to seeing them again in a couple months or so.

I can attest to the fact that they were fucking awesome with the brothers on PaganFest USA 1. One of the best bands of that tour for sure!

I haven't heard the new disc, but it sucks to hear you say it's lackluster, Diabolik, as I trust your opinions on most things...you'll sadly probably be right. HOWEVER, the band Eluveitie is about to embark on an AWESOME fucking tour that includes Vreid, Alestorm, and Blackguard. Blackguard and Alestorm are pretty good, but Vreid are fucking amazing and are comprised of ex-Windir members, making them 100 times more cool.

Belphegor is also on that tour.

Eluveitie is cool...but Vreid is much better. Cannot wait to finally see them.

I could make a big topic about this, but Brian....so many fucking great extreme metal tours coming through ATL this fall:

Moonspell/Samael, Eluveitie/good support, Ensiferum/good support, and Marduk/good support I think?......I CANNOT WAIT. Looks like I can afford to go to them all, if only school will allow me too as well.:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Is Kivimetsan Druidi still on it?

Seems like they are from all accounts I've seen.

It's called Heathenfest, so the bill is quite large. I'm sure they're just trying to cash in on the success of Paganfest USA. I'm not complaining, though...never thought I'd see a whole lot of these bands in the States, now it's happening!:headbang:

I can attest to the fact that they were fucking awesome with the brothers on PaganFest USA 1. One of the best bands of that tour for sure!

I haven't heard the new disc, but it sucks to hear you say it's lackluster, Diabolik, as I trust your opinions on most things...you'll sadly probably be right. HOWEVER, the band Eluveitie is about to embark on an AWESOME fucking tour that includes Vreid, Alestorm, and Blackguard. Blackguard and Alestorm are pretty good, but Vreid are fucking amazing and are comprised of ex-Windir members, making them 100 times more cool.

I saw them on the Kataklysm tour and pretty much was bored watching them. After an amzing set on the first Paganfest.....this was a huge disappointment.

I didnt like the newest disc at all. It was thier pure folk disc....which I thought I would really like....but didnt.

I cant stand Blackguard. Vreid are just OK. Windir was much better....I was lucky to see them live too....who were great live.

I could make a big topic about this, but Brian....so many fucking great extreme metal tours coming through ATL this fall:

Moonspell/Samael, Eluveitie/good support, Ensiferum/good support, and Marduk/good support I think?......I CANNOT WAIT. Looks like I can afford to go to them all, if only school will allow me too as well.:headbang::headbang::headbang:

That Marduk show definitely has good support. Nachtmystium, Merrimack, and Mantic Ritual. Probably my most anticipated metal show of the fall. Also that Vader tour is rolling through here in December, and Baroness and Torche are coheadlining with Pig Destroyer and Iron Age as support. And of course that Gojira/Burst/Zoroaster/Scale the Summit tour, and Satyricon/Toxic Holocaust.

That's a huge bummer. They were my favorite band from the first Paganfest.