Eluveitie

BloodSword

Jan 30, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Considered pagan/folk band. Have many instruments, hurdy-gurdy, bagpipes, violin, flutes and I probably forgot a couple. Infuse an excellent compositional structure in a fairly bland "Viking/Folk" genre. Shows me that metal is music than can incorporate endless possibilities and different directions. Seems like they have a "Dark Tranquiility" base to their music. What's everyone think about this band from Sweden? Their second full-lenght is out March 11 called "Slania.":heh:

Great band. I'm going to see them twice this year, once on the Paganfest (along with Korpiklaani, Tyr, Moonsorrow and Ensiferum) and again at Bloodfest. Also, I'm pretty sure they come from Switzerland.

Yes, they are swiss, and a great band. I loved the last album, Spirit, but couldnt connect to their latest. hopefully itll grow on me.

Yeah, my bad they are Swiss. Spirit is the best album I've heard in this genre. I pre-ordered Slania and await with high anticipation. Really a band to keep an eye on in the coming years.

I got the debut too, thay are not bad they are also playing on the paganfest in the states with Ensiferum, Tyr, and Turisas. If Slania is somewhat consistent i will pick it up too, should be one hell of a show to see these guys.

I tried this disc because of this thread but I didn't think it was any different then the others who are doing this type of stuff...