Elvenking Finishes Acoustic Album!

nailz

Nov 11, 2002
San Francisco
Visit site
Awesome.

Elvenking.net said:
… and the acoustic album is finally ready! Everything is done. It’s been a hell of a ride, for sure the hardest work was to stay in the deadlines but in the end we reached the goal and we’re here. The mix has been done the last days of July in the lands of Germany with Martin Buchwalter at Gernhart studios, and Achim Koehler gave the final touch with the right mastering at Indiscreet Audio.

In the meantime also photo sessions and work on the cover and layout have been done…have we told you that the thing has been handled once again by Gyula Havancsák as for The winter wake and The scythe covers? So you know what to expect.

By the way everything about the acoustic album, from the title to the tracklist, from the cover to the other details, will be revealed on these pages the first week of September, so be sure to check this place often.
You can expect something unique, that’s for sure! We won’t get tired of saying that this album is an experiment for us, a journey in a world that was waiting to be explored. But we’ll talk more about this when all details will be announced.

On the other hand a good bunch of live dates have been added in the Live section, so check them out. Elvenking will play gigs in USA, Italy, Austria, Germany, Holland this Fall, and we have also announced the first shows for 2009, so we’re gonna wait you under the stage banging your heads!

I really hope this is good, after the last disc....they have lots to make up for.

What, exactly, do they have to make up for? Was their best selling record to date not nearly as successful as it was supposed to be? :p

Frankly, I think this new CD is going to rock both Scythe Camps to the core. As they said, details in September.. I'm hoping it'll be ready by then!

I was really let down with "The Scythe". I seewhat they were trying to do but it just wasnt good. I am a Elvenking diehard and was less enthused with this disc. I rarely ever go back to revisit it. But the first 3 I always do. I am very excited about the acoustic disc though.

A best selling album doesnt mean it is thier best either.

My biggest beef with the Scythe is that it didn't have the same folky feeling 100% of the time that I loved with the first 3 albums. I think it's still a pretty decent album, and I have no doubt the material from The Scythe will sound great at PP...I just want Heathenreel 2, and they've yet to do it for me.

...I just want Heathenreel 2, and they've yet to do it for me.

And they've said time and again that they're not interested in doing that at all, and I for one am glad. I don't want to hear the same album twice. I already own heathenreel, I don't want another one. Frankly, I was all set to be as disappointed by The Scythe as I was WYRD, but as it turns out, The Scythe was just as amazing to me as The Winter Wake.

Different strokes though...

I think the one problem with Elvenking is that every disc they put out will always be compared to "Heathenreel". They are one of those bands that put out an amazing first disc and it is kind of a curse because anything they do will always be compared to it. Still a band that will always be in my top 5 no matter what.

I think the one problem with Elvenking is that every disc they put out will always be compared to "Heathenreel". They are one of those bands that put out an amazing first disc and it is kind of a curse because anything they do will always be compared to it. Still a band that will always be in my top 5 no matter what.

100% agreed.

Ditto! I really like The Scythe, but just wish it was just a tad folkier. EK is the band I'm looking forward to the most this year. Been waiting a looooong time to see them!