Emerson, Lake, and Palmer

antipunx13

May 7, 2006
Haven't seen a thread dedicated to them on here yet. Not sure what the consensus of this band is in this forum. Tarkus is their best imo. I maintain that Greg Lake had one of the greatest voices of his time (not so much anymore) DISCUSS.

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=UeQsZOQqO6I&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=WXBFlEyxM8A[/ame]

So....ELP: Great band or bullshit 70s wankery?

I listened to Brain Salad Surgery a lot in college. Karn Evil 9 is still a pretty awesome song. Honestly don't know a whole lot else by them, which is a shame.

^Yep, I'd argue that everything up to Works is very good and worth checking out; especially Brain Salad Surgery and Tarkus.

I used to listen to the alot, Greg lake is a bass hero of mine, i have some live stuff but apart from wbmfttstne thier and pictures cd and dvd the rest of thier live stuff is ?? now adays.
in thier time untouchable but now a spent force

i did watch recently thier concert at monteau mmm not bad but performance.
I know what you mean about Gregs vocals, his voice is huge he wa so far of the mike but still a big powerful effortless voice.

kieth emmerson must be the best rock keys player ever and carl palmer in his day only bonzo or niel pert could touch him

i ecpect ill get flamed on this:headbang:

Man I just got into ELP about a month ago and I'm totally hooked now. I bought Trilogy and Tarkus and I think I want to get Brain Salad Surgury next. I just love everything about this band except the hoedown type stuff which bothers me but still gets stuck in my head :lol:. I always think that is the influence Jordan Rudess puts into some of his stuff. Anyway along with ELP I've been getting into Zappa, back into Camel, I even bought some Kansas which I totally enjoy. I've been in this rock prog fix lately as you can see.

Whenever you get bored with the new music comming out these days you can always dig into the past and find some true gold.