EMPEROR return to the United States (again)

shadowNINE

Guitar/Backing Vocals in Vacant Eyes
Emperor are returning to the States again...!

From an official press release (here) that I found on their site (here)...

For Immediate Release
January 17, 2007

EMPEROR TO RETURN TO AMERICA

Notodden, Norway: After triumphantly headlining the annual Wacken Open Air Festival and four capacity performances in America last summer, Emperor today announce their return to the United States for three encore performances this spring.

"We have made a decision to return to the US for a few additional shows," notes guitarist Samoth. "This time Chicago is also put on the map. The shows last summer were very successful and we had an amazing turn out and support from all the fans. It was also a bit stressful because of the embassy hassle that we unfortunately had to endure. So we feel a few more shows are due and this time, all visas are in order and the band will appear in its full command. See you all soon!"

Confirmed dates are noted below. Ticket on-sale information will be noted shortly.
May 30 - The Metro, Chicago IL
June 1 - BB King Blues Club, New York NY
June 3 - Key Club, Los Angeles, CA
Tickets for New York and L.A. are already on sale.

I didn't think they'd return, since the last shows over here were supposed to be for a "farewell". But since Samoth couldn't make it, I can understand that they wish to return and finish this properly. I'm looking forward to it.

Yep, I've already heard of this and must say I'm blown away by this announcement. I've gone to see them at BB Kings in New York the last time and would KILL to see them again, but...what about CANADA!!??? :lol: I have the feeling Canada would be out of the question for our badboy Samoth.

:headbang: Emperor just kick so much ass live.

i certainly had mixed feelings about last summers first reunion...which was theoretically marred by samoths absence. as much as i worship emperor, deep inside i was afraid for their legacy...that they would become a 'reunion' act...a parody of the elite masters they once were. its nice that they are doing it again and right (with samoth) this time. but didnt they want to end on top...on a good note? my feelings were even more mixed with the latest announcement. i guess theres no easy explanation for the reunion bug (the police, rage against the machine, van halen--all within a week or so), so i guess i will be happy to see them play again. heh. as the saying goes...long live the emperor. :p

I don't know why - as it doesn't affect me at all - but it cheers me up to read this!
Good to know that the guys are bringing the emperor back alive... at least one more time... and who knows what the future will bring? x)

They'll be like Cher and do 87246597823 farewell tours. Except they'll be more awesome than Cher because Cher is just weird.

I rather see Gorgoroth, Enslaved again, Dawn, Carpathian Forest, Taake, Enslaved again, and AVERSE SEFIRA OMG CANT WAIT!...and Borknagar.

Little known fact: Zyklon are playing Maryland Death Fest the weekend prior to these Emperor shows, meaning that 3/5's of Emperor's live lineup will have an all expenses paid trip to the states (well, airfare + equipment transportation, anyway, which I'm sure runs several $1,000's of dollars).

Pretty lame that they're going to be charging such exorbitant prices for their tickets considering the circumstances.

I rather see Gorgoroth, Enslaved again, Dawn, Carpathian Forest, Taake, Enslaved again, and AVERSE SEFIRA OMG CANT WAIT!...and Borknagar.

Enslaved and Borknagar. +12045234 points. Fitting bands for that statement.

Hopefully I'll catch Emperor, though. *Crosses fingers*:cry:

I'd almost be happy to see anything. Bah, why can't I get money :cry: But in order to get money I have to find some work and before anyone employs me I have to shave my beard and hair off.

So I guess the situation is this: looking like a fucking troll > money

And that's the way things stay.

Well, out of all the bands metnioned here, I'd actually favour seeing Arcturus to them ALL -- even Emperor. But then again, I guess Arcturus really isn't black metal anymore (more Avantgarde.) No matter, still one of the finest bands.