Enchant and Cover tunes II

StocktontoMalone

The Cynical Realist
Dec 12, 2002
Tiverton, RI
Visit site
Just picked up Proto-Kaw's 'Before Became After', and 'Early Recordings from Kansas 71-73'.....and this stuff is rather good(musically)....

There is one song on 'Before Became After' called QUANTUM LEAPFROG, and it is excellent. Have you ever discussed covering a Kansas tune?

I've often wondered what you guys could do with KANSAS material like:

Journey from Mariabronn
Miracles out of Nowhere
Icarus(Borne of wings of Steel)
Nobody's Home
Closet Chronicles
Portrait(He Knew)
Apercu
Death of Mother Nature Suite
Belexes

I've been playing PK - 'Before' quite a bit and have to say that I really like much of that record. It fits nicely in the Kansas catalog! I really like Lynn Meredith's voice.

I would love to hear you guys do any of the following:

On The Other Side
A Glimpse Of Home
Chasing Shadows
Fight Fire With Fire

anything off of Song For America would rock, as well!

QUANTUM LEAPFROG? I guess that title is related to the TV series starring Scott Bakula, back in early nineties, right? Curious thing, indeed. :)

|ng.

We talked about doing a Kansas tune cor the CalProg gig but opted for Tempus Fugit which actually really worked out well.

But I would not ever rule out the possibility of us doing another one and certainly a Kansas tune would rock. There are so damn many to choose from though.

And...........we actaully did Fight Fire with Fire a long time ago when we had our alter ego cover band Rythymbone. It was cool Ted nailed it and it was fun.

I have always wanted to do Dust in the Wind acoustic myself!

Thanks for the Post STM

jjmannford said:
I posted this in the Acoustic thread, but the Kansas tune that I think Enchant would do a kick ass cover of is Child of Innocence.

ebass said:
And...........we actaully did Fight Fire with Fire a long time ago when we had our alter ego cover band Rythymbone. It was cool Ted nailed it and it was fun.

:tickled: :headbang: :tickled:

SWEEET!!!!
I'd love to hear that one!