enchant: interview with doug ott

Anyone? Dan??? help?

This is cool but not many people will get to read this if it is not translated?

Thanks Ed

mooserider said:
Hi guys!

Some of you helped me get some really cool questions to ask Doug! Here is the result (in franch). Click here to read the interview.

Thanks again and sorry for not posting this link sooner!

moosie

i m sorry but I lack the time to translate this again. It was already a lot of work to translate the three interviews done that day from english to french... if i have some time in the future i'll surely help...or if someone could give me an helping hand....

moosie

Thanks Moosie

I know how that goes! whenever you get a chance, or maybe someone else can help.

We appreciate your hard work on this.

Hi Ed and Moosie - I will give it my best shot -- I am quite 'functional' in French but not quite fluent. Moosie, how about I send my translation to you for your review/approval before I post it? I will start with the Doug interview.

Can anyone else out there help on the other two?

I ran the interview through Altavista's translator, unfortunately it stopped right where the individual songs were discussed and contained many poor translations...still an interesting read though, especially the part about Marillion's impact on the band.

I'm about halfway done on the Interview --- pretty cool one, Moosie! It's taking a bit longer than I thought -- I've never read much about music in French (only accounting - how BORING!!) and I have to stop to look up unfamiliar words, LOL! I also ran it through Alta Vista - what a screwed up mess (and what a hoot!!!!!) that was!!!!

This has to be the best flubbed up line (and there are sooooo many!!) in there:

Process HDCD gives a good blow of inch to any disc.

ROFLMAO!!! Gotta love it! Evidently there are still career opportunities in the translation field, LOL!!!!!

:D

When asked about touring with Spock's Beard again, Doug says: (courtesy of Alta Vista)

"For us it it is super to re-examine them again because they are all really adorable."

This is some of the funniest stuff I've heard in a while!!! LOL!!!!

Cheers!

I've read the interview. I was quite surprised to read that Doug loves the solo in Kayleigh so much.
I think it's great but Steve has so many other awesome solos that are far more representative of his playing. Anyway thanks for putting it up.

They keep getting funnier and funnier. Doug talks about fans coming up to them after a concert: (according to AltaVista)

But to each concert somebody comes to see us and says to us: "I never intended to speak about you but you are whore of goods! I adore you and I have just bought three of your discs."

I have to stop checking with alta Vista or I'll never get through this!!! LOL!!! :D