Enchanted

sh0kr0k

Jul 7, 2002
St. Paul, MN
www.myspace.com
Just back from seeing the movie Enchanted. Honestly, this was one of best movies I've seen in a long time, even if it's a family-friendly film. The movie opens up with traditional Disney animation ala Sleeping Beauty with many hidden or blatant references to the classic fairy tales from decades ago. Through a twist of events, the movie transitions beautifully into live action.

The animation is wonderful, the music is great, and the actors definitely cultivate their characters into believability, no matter how fanciful they may be. The storyline is predictable but is unraveled in a beautiful, creative, and heart-warming modern story equally mixed with the formula for a traditional "Disney princess" movie. Now before you write it off as a kids movie or a chick flick, I watched it with a group of guys and they all agreed that it was really good and much better than they expected. I recommend this movie for everyone - kids, adults, couples, or anyone looking for a good funny and cheerful story about love and fantasy with some nostalgic moments of the classic tales.

:tickled:

We were going to see this movie today, in the afternoon, but the insane amount of 5-10 year olds mulling about outnumbering adults nearly 7,000 to 1, we chose the much manlier Beowulf.

We were going to see this movie today, in the afternoon, but the insane amount of 5-10 year olds mulling about outnumbering adults nearly 7,000 to 1, we chose the much manlier Beowulf.

i saw that in 3d, i was skeptical about the little 3d glasses they gave me, but once it told me to put them on this huge axe came flying through the screen and i just threw my hands in front of my face and said HOLY SHIT

My son and I went with a group of my cousins, in total there were 12 girls, and my son. To be honest, at first I really thought the lead actress was over acting... but then it dawned on me, she almost HAD to and that given the situation, her actions would be totally plausable. After that I took the stick out of my ass and really enjoyed the movie. I agree that it was well done, not too many plot holes, and it was cute.

My son even enjoyed it over The Bee Movie. The story line and the acting were really good. Even the special effect dragon at the end was fucking bad ass... So it's worth the time to check it out. As for the reviews about a "couple of scenes not suitable for children" - rubbish. There is one scene where the princess falls on top of the guy in a towel, but how it's played out, there was NOTHING that I would have thought unsuitable for children it was actually tasteful.

So yeah. Go see it. You won't regret it... and my story is that I was "dragged" to it. :)

-Metal