End Of A Line

dcdelux

with all the trimmings!
Jan 3, 2008
This song has won my choice as favorite on the SHADOWS. :headbang:

It simply blows me away beyond every other track on the disc. I mean no disrespect to Sorrell's vocals either by claiming the instrumental as my favorite.

What's so thrilling about "End Of A Line" is how well graphed the song seems. In my opinion, it resembles a "YYZ" or a "Ytse Jam" in the way it rollercoasters the listener through time changes and instrumental breaks. The main riff throughout also is a hook for me. It is very catchy. Kudos to S&S for this jewel of a instrumental. It's metal! :kickass:

BTW, I seriously dig the bass line. I honestly wonder if SS had more fun laying down the bass tracks than the guitar ones. :loco:

This song has won my choice as favorite on the SHADOWS. :headbang:

It simply blows me away beyond every other track on the disc. I mean no disrespect to Sorrell's vocals either by claiming the instrumental as my favorite.

What's so thrilling about "End Of A Line" is how well graphed the song seems. In my opinion, it resembles a "YYZ" or a "Ytse Jam" in the way it rollercoasters the listener through time changes and instrumental breaks. The main riff throughout also is a hook for me. It is very catchy. Kudos to S&S for this jewel of a instrumental. It's metal! :kickass:

WOO HOO!!! Thanks man! I wrote that song based on a guitar tone I created, which reminded me of one of Derek Sherinian's keyboard tones. It stayed that way for years. But when we lost all our music (in April) we revisited this song and added the slow section in the middle. We used Koelling's chords from "The Gift" for emotional effect and I put the new solos over them. I think it really saved the song. Good call Koelling!!!

BTW, I seriously dig the bass line. I honestly wonder if SS had more fun laying down the bass tracks than the guitar ones. :loco:

Ooh...hard call! I had more fun doing the bass lines than you can imagine. What an awesome challenge. This song has some of my favorite bass parts, so I'd say that the bass was my fave on this tune.

Thanks DC!

SRS