end solo on Rivers Dancing (q for Ron)

Good question. That was mostly what I called working with "frames". That's having a pretty good idea where you're going melody/time wise, but not having anything written down to follow. Sean suggested starting off real slow, then building up, and ending with a "kill your gramma" type of thing. I whipped out my ADAT, and recorded a bunch of different sections on two tracks, then at various points, I'd A/B between the two until I got something that flowed. There were two spots where the A and B didn't connect quite right, so for those sections I had to write something that fit in and made the parts connect. Most of the patterned phrases were "planned out", but weren't played "note for note". But right when I started recording, I wasn't thinking about how the parts were going to flow together. There's a few stretches in there where I had no idea what I was playing.

Ron

Mmmm. I get goosebumps everytime I hear it, and I must've heard it over 500 times by now!

Definitely one of my favourite solos.

Definitely a favourite of mine too. Thanks for the informative answer Ron, very cool to get some insight into the creative process behind such an inspirational solo.

does anyone know of a tab for the part of the song for :30-:44? I bet this is one of those parts where one guitar doesn't sound nearly as good without the other, as they really complement each other, but I'd still like to know what's going on. I don't know of any GK tab at all actually, (except I did tab out the ending for ASW, 4 secs long)