Engineer diet....

I had some projects where the Bands brought food they/their parents/wifes....prepared at home...

ones I even was supplied with a huge buffet of everything you can imagine.

when I did that project in thailand (www.home-projekt.de) the thais cooked for us (yammy)....

often I do the following:

usually there are sitting all 5 (or whatever) bandmembers around and telling the recording musician (or even me) what to do...or they just chat and fuck upm my concentration...

for that case I've got a bbq grill in the backyard...I tell the band to get us some fucking meat (don't record emobands) and prepare the bbq..."next thing I wanna hear is--"come eat" "...
usually works and they even think what a comfy studiotime it was....

that goes for recording, when mixing alone (and I ALWAYS mix alone) I usually just forget to eat anything :( (no client distracting me)

ciggarettes, alchohol, shitty ready meals and cheese and pickle sandwhiches (when i remember to eat that is)

Ive got a mate Im doing quite a bit of work with at the moment who orders pizza for all of us when ever hes over. Im happy to carry on working with him for as long as it takes

Whatever is around really. I normally take time out with the band around lunchtime which gives everyone a chance to decompress and relax a bit after set-up.

Back in better days, I would likely have pre-prepared protein shakes and meal replacements. Sadly no longer the case though.

Amy's organic entrees..... 5 mins in microwave and not too bad for you at all. they come in Indian, Mexican, and Italian. and i buy Iced Green Tea by the gallon.

Heinz vegetable soup. Vegetables are good right?

Normally its tea that I get through by the gallon. Normally I have to show bands where the nearest shop is locally, so I always end up getting something like a lamb samosa or fish and chips down me. Definitely not healthy haha.

I always calculate two 30 minute breaks into every day for lunch and dinner when calculating the daily schedule. I usually have protein powder and 0,3% milk in the fridge for the other 2-3 snacks in-between.

The "full meals" are usually noodles, turkey and some veggies, just thrown into a pan with soy sauce or whole wheat bread with cottage cheese or salmon. Former takes about 10 mins to make, the latter about 2 ...

it's hard to beat spaghetti, chili or buy some sliced roast beef or turkey from the deli for sandwiches. The reason I love shit like spaghetti and chili is that it seems to get better each day...

until of course it turns green.

for me, most of the time the band buys pizza or sandwiches for lunch. if they dont then i will make a lunch or whatever. if i need to eat fast, its usually fruit, a bagel with peanut butter or cream cheese or something like that. if i have some good leftovers from dinner ill heat that up quick. either way i try not to eat totally crappy, unhealthy food.

After years and years of working super-long sessions, I've inadvertenly conditioned my body to go 12-14 hours without a single drink. Most busy days, I don't take a drink until around 7pm or so. Not good for the large intestine - learned that the hard way.

Having a food budget when working for a label is the shit, but pretty rare these days.