Enslaved - Eld

LuminousAether

My name is Distance
Dec 22, 2001
Columbus, Ohio
www.hypnos.clan.st
Why is this the Enslaved album noone mentions? The first track is EASILY the best Enslaved song, and is probably the best viking metal song ever as well. That slow building choiral intro... when it switches to metal is probably one of the greatest moments in metal history. The rest of the song absolutely owns too, it's midpaced viking metal similar to viking era Bathory, but better imo. Too bad the rest of the album isn't as good, but it is still very good black / viking metal.

Odd, I've seen Eld considered their best album by a lot of people. I haven't quite gotten into it, except for the first song, which truly is amazing. The rest of the album I'm not quite into yet though.

P.S. If Mardraum keeps blowing me away like it has recently, it could become my favorite Enslaved. Still not sure about Momunension(Bah, bad spelling :ill: ), it could grow on me a lot more I'm sure.

Haha.. Eld is awesome.

The only fault is that the first tracked kinda overshadows the rest of the album. Nonetheless, it's prolly the second best enslaved album.

Maudraum seemed fucking awesome at first. But again, the best part is the first few tracks, while the rest of the album kinda doesn't grab me. Even after many many listens.

I HATED monumension at first. But this is the next best album after eld, easily. A fucking solid conceptual work of art, combining styles into a unique sound found nowhere else in metal.

Of course, the best album is their first. It's perfect.

Appendix: Frost is as good if not better than monumension, but it's from a different era.

but it's enslaved. And all enslaved is good. END.

Actually, I'd say the end of Mardraum is the best. The last two track especially are uttely amazing, and that mix of hyper speed black metal with slightly off key viking singing and rasping is awesome, especially the way it is presented here. Some of the riffs on the album, especially on the title track, remind me of old Ministry. Mostly on the repetition factor, though. Monumension is the best though, there's no doubt about that one.