Enslaved

Artificial_Eternity

Slay the Nazarene
Nov 6, 2004
So, lets talk about the Norwegian Viking machine Enslaved. How do you guys think of them? I just got the album Eld, its my only one, and its brilliant. I was wondering what you guys recommend after Eld? All their albums got good reviews on M-A, but I wanna know what you guys say. Thanks.

What can you say about enslaved? They started viking metal and were the best at it. Get Vikingligr veldi, frost, and hordane's land.

^^
He said it, although I suppose Bathory were more responisble when it came to creating viking metal. But they certainly created the black/viking genre.

my favorite album is below the lights, after that its the older stuff. eld is a great album
~gR~

What album would you recommend for their most BM-ish, raw stuff? I think he has great BM vocals, and the drummer is amazing. The slower, more operatic (?) stuff is great, and fits really well, but I wanna hear some more BM out of them. Thanks.

Certainly DONT get Below the Lights if you want more BMish stuff... stuck with older stuff.

I like Eld the most, but for the raw BM, go wth Viking lidr Veldi and Hordane's Land. Frost is a good one too.

Wow....can't possibly pick one over the other. All of Enslaved's albums are genius in their own right. Frost still kikcs my ass to this day. Just picked up Isa the other day and it is shaping up to be a great album also. You seriously can't go wrong with any of their albums.