Ensoph - Project X-Katon

Ensoph - Project X-Katon
Cruz Del Sur Music – 27/02/06
By Sam Brokenshaw

ensoph.jpg

If anyone knows why it is exactly, that Ensoph call themselves "Avant Garde", then please, enlighten me. They come across to me as some bastardisation of Marilyn Manson and a few other things, and to me, this is not what avant garde means exactly. The results are actually pretty cheesy too, with generic "industrial" synth voices being mixed with unimaginative metal parts and vocals that sound something like a small dying animal begging to be left alone. They sell themselves on something like "fetish metal", but frankly this has been done better before by the aforementioned Manson and his cronies. Sure, the songs are actually well played, the occasional interlude is nice and the production is above average. All this doesn't make the album worth listening to however.

If there has to be one album I recommend you do not listen to this year, this would be it. Unless you have an undeniable and illogical lust for this type of thing, this album will probably make you cry, then go back to the store for a refund. In a word, terrible.

2/10

UM’s Review Rating Scale

Official Ensoph Website
Official Cruz Del Sur Music Website