ENTER SUICIDAL ANGELS album question

I've listened ENTER SUICIDAL ANGELS album... There is only 4 tracks and it cost 20 euros !!! ( in Switzerland)
Why ??
Generally you pay 10 euros a CD with 4 songs and it's called "single".

You should feel lucky that you own this rare item. :)

Well, it is an EP and not a full length album, so the retail price should be around 8-10 Euros. Still, it's up to the stores to set their own prices, and unfortunately it's not uncommon that EP's and mini albums are more expensive to buy that what they're supposed to be.

But it's definately worth 20 Euros.

Fuck. Had my rather long post disappearing into cyberspace... Ok I'll summarize.

I was just planning to sell mine,and most likely will,seeing as I have The Mind's I now. But is Enter Suicidal Angels really that rare?

20€=A rip-off. Don't agree with Niklas there,mine cost 8€ (cheap for our store...go figure),which I thought was too much. But I can imagine the artist having a different opinion. ;)

I agree with SOAD about calling these things singles. I don't understand the whole thing with EP's and MCD's when they have a song from the upcoming/latest album and 1-3 unreleased ones.

[sort of off-topic]Katatonia even did it twice with Last Fair Deal Gone Down. I feel tempted to buy the Teargas "EP" though,since it has two great unreleased songs,but I don't really like buying singles at all.

But look at Blind Guardian's The Bard's Song single. It has if I recall right a re-studio recording of the song and three live recordings plus a live video of the song. That's the way to put out a single.[/off-topic]

Mind you,I'm not slagging off Enter Suicidal Angels,as the single song is very good after all,but I guess I expressed my opinion clearly enough still. I'll just keep enjoying the full length albums.

Thanks for the music Niklas & Co!

EDIT: Uhh...quite long summary there.

Hedon said:
But it's definately worth 20 Euros.

I would say that if I were you :rolleyes:

:p
Lol, youre right

@Soad-something and 4thHorsemAn: Tssssk dont compare it with other prices..! I don't. :p Just think: " DT.. Cd.. (Forget "EP" :p) Affordable :)loco: ).. = BUY :D )

ESA is an EP. Here in Greece it costs 14 euros, and also The Gallery and The Mind's I that were released from Osmose cost the same. That's not too much, if you take into account that most other metal cds here cost around 17.5-18.5 euros.

In your case tho, i think they just ripped you off, the store must have over-priced them.

It's pretty neat when it works the other way around. For example, I bought Shape of Despair "Angels of Distress" for little money (around EUR 10) once because the store apparently thought it was an EP -- it only has five tracks, but the tracks are 10+ minutes and such.

Reactions: Onyx
You should feel lucky, I think it's fair... Getting fucked while buying a DT release does worth 20 bucks