Entire new RUNNING WILD streaming

I agree....the cover is just plain terrible. Talk about a lackluster image. I havent heard the album yet but looking forward to it. I wont let Jason try and make me think it is bad. I am sure it will be just like thier others....just good catchy stuff. Nothing original. Nothing less.

Under Jolly Roger is generic?????

Anyways, no, I am not familiar with their entire catalog by any long stretch.

I have no doubt, just like fellow countrymen Grave Digger and Rage, they have their share of repetitive unoriginal material.

For the record, I didn't say it was bad.

Just didn't make me happy in the pants like the new Angel Witch or Unisonic.

Yes, and the fact that I heard it when it came out.
My older brother had it on cassette.

To see a metal band put a pirate ship on an album cover was indeed genre defining.
Also, most Germans were perfecting speed metal or thrash at this time.

Anyhow, for everyone's listening pleasure (And so Simon can say he has been a raging fan since 85):

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, so I took a listen (both to the new album and the post Jason put up). At first I admit I was like "what is this shit?" for the new one but I do think the album got better as it went along but nothing to make me go in a frenzy and want to purchase it. I probably should have listened to Jason's post first as I did like that one; however, I gotta say they aren't anywhere near the quality of Grave Digger.

I was just goofing on you Simon.
I too prefer GD, though RW has a lot of great stuff too.

@ Bob - Album covers don't help define genres???
Have you never seen these covers?
venom.jpg

Keeper_of_the_Seven_Keys_Part_1.jpg

4614.jpg

Slowly+We+Rot.jpg

transilvanian-hunger-darkthrone-cd-cover-art.jpg

basically you are saying that if you are first to put an image on a cover you are basically defining a genre?

Well, wouldn't you agree that image is just as important to a genre as the music itself??? I certainly think so, especially in metal.

I mean, could you see Immortal hitting the stage in blue jeans and flannels, or Manowar wearing sweater vests and dark rimmed glasses????

Well, wouldn't you agree that image is just as important to a genre as the music itself??? I certainly think so, especially in metal.

I mean, could you see Immortal hitting the stage in blue jeans and flannels, or Manowar wearing sweater vests and dark rimmed glasses????

not really...look at Blind Guardian. They just wear normal clothes on stage. Album art is important but I would never say genre defining. You acted like Port Royal was such an important album since it had a pirate ship on it. In fact it was probably what sunk them. hahahahaha.

and what I mean by sinking is being stuck with an image that turned off lots of people but accepted many years later. I know lots of people who wouldnt give them a chance because of the image. I know when they played with Celtic Frost / Voivod here in Chicago in the late 80' s they were boo'ed the whole time.

If you like Running Wild you should check out CAST IRON. They are no longer around but had the early Running Wild sound. At KIT one of the original guys came up and played a few Running Wild songs.