Enzo and the Glory Ensemble

SeaStorm

Jun 24, 2004
Minnesota, USA
I have been privileged to help out Italian musician Enzo Donnarumma with some of the administrative aspects of releasing his album In The Name Of The Father under the project name Enzo and the Glory Ensemble.

He's taken 10 well-known Christian hymns, prayers, and psalms and set them to original metal music with an array of well-known guest musicians, such as Ralf Scheepers (Primal Fear/Gamma Ray), Mark Zonder (Fates Warning), Gary Wehrkamp & Brian Ashland (Shadow Gallery), Kobi Farhi (Orphaned Land) and Marty Friedman (Megadeth).

The album was released by Italian label Underground Symphony. Christian Metal Distro is the North American distributor and they have the album in stock: http://christianmetaldistro.storenv...glory-ensemble-in-the-name-of-the-father-2016

Under 2 minute teaser:

Anima Christi featuring Kobi Farhi (Orphaned Land):

The Lord's Prayer also featuring Kobi:

Maybe You (the only song on the album with original lyrics and probably the song with a broader-than-metal appeal):

I've yet to click the links and actually listen to the songs but I'm getting goosebumps just by visualising. I have a feeling this is going to be grand!

Ralf Scheepers and Kobi Fahri? Colour me intrigued.

I hope you dig it like I do! Here's a few more songs...

Psalm 3 featuring Ralf Scheepers (Primal Fear/Gamma Ray): catholicmetal.com/release/praising-him-loudly-vol-5-phl5/ (click on track 4 on the Praising Him Loudly Vol. 5 compilation put out by Catholic Metal).

Hail Holy Queen featuring Marty Friedman (Megadeth): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYkn0Hm_OCA

- I should note that while the large majority of the songs are just generally Christian (applicable to all varieties of Christians), Enzo is Catholic and this song is one of a few that are specifically Catholic

The songs seem to be lacking something, or maybe it's just the mix. Either way I'm not feeling it quite the way I want to. I guess you need to play the whole album with lyrics in hand to fully enjoy it. I'm bummed.

Could be. Since I've known you for many years Aletheus, I'll make you an offer. If you want to buy it and give it a try that way, I will buy it from you if you decide you don't like it. I'd be happy to have a second physical copy if it works out that!

Given your location, you'd probably be best off buying it directly from the label: http://www.undergroundsymphony.it/?page_id=755

Generous of you, but I'm going to pass for now. Mainly because I'm strapped for cash and even though 18EUR isn't a lot it's a splurge and I can't have any of those for a few months. And once I do get it I don't think I'll be willing to part with it because the concept is really something, and I'd love to have it to show friends or keep for posterity...even if I dislike it, it doesn't mean others I show it to won't like it. It might give me a chance to introduce my godfather to metal (he's a priest).

Matt -
I cannot imagine trying to keep up (and even excel) with family, life, job/ career.... and still find time to write, record and produce an album! Sorry to hear about the resultant stress - and yet thankfully looking forward to enjoying the fruit of all that labor. Thank You (in advance) - God Bless you, your family and the band.
Rob