Ephel Duath new band photo!!

Lee_B

Readin' me posts are ya?
May 16, 2001
Surbiton. The Posh bit
www.elitistrecords.co.uk
ephelsmall.jpg

tomorrow, during the Metal Hammer Studio report, I will do my best to steal a couple of songs (still unmastered but 90% ok), encode 'em in mp3 then you'll hear something never heard before... :)

as you see from the photos, the line-up is composed by 5 people one opposite to the other:

Lucio, the screamer, is like an Animal, a Stage Beast... he comes from an Hardcore-Noise background (Isis, Converge, Hatebreeed...)

Davide Piovesan, the drummer, is a 47 years old jazz-Drummer, he teaches percussions at a music school, and comes from a totally different background (free Jazz, Avantgarde Blues...)

Davide Tiso is the last link to the metal scene, I would not say "Black Metal" anymore because on the new album there's not a single "black Metal" passage, but anyway he's the "metalhead" and the main composer of all music and lyrics

Fabio Fecchio, the bass player, is probably the more technical, a true genius with the bass... he used tons of different basses for the album, and he's the "prog-guy" in the line-up.

and also Davide Tolomei, the clean vocalist, comes from another scene, as he likes Tool, Faith No More, ...

the outcome is a melting pot of all these different styles, (plus some Electronic-stuff) in the usual schizofrenic-ephel duath-way...

the first time you listen to the songs you are :confused:

then you start to be :OMG:

Horn? That sounds more like a trumpet. I used to play flute, trumpet and sax during my "schoolhood".

Ahh, thanks Emi. The playing is outstanding by all members. I can't wait to hear the rest of the album.
I must have been in some John Zorn like trance last night. :oops: :lol:

The new line-up is as stunning as the new song: their musicianship is incredible, even better than on rephormula.
I don't think that Dream Theatre can play like that actually.
i like the bass lines and cymbals the most, absolutely the top! who's the Producer of the album? i don't think he's Italian right?
if this is just a "Rough-mix", i can't imagine the final result!:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

The Producer is Paso, and he's Italian of course! he did an Amazing job, following the band since the pre-production and helping us a lot also regarding the synths and electronic stuff.
btw, the Trumpet player's name is Maurizio Scomparin.

Originally posted by Emi
the outcome is a melting pot of all these different styles, (plus some Electronic-stuff) in the usual schizofrenic-ephel duath-way...

the first time you listen to the songs you are :confused:

then you start to be :OMG:

That is exactly the reaction I had. I listened to the MP3 offered in the other post and was thinking "what the hell ?" but then kept listening. Amazing stuff.