New EPHEL DUATH track!!!!

Lee_B

Readin' me posts are ya?
May 16, 2001
Surbiton. The Posh bit
www.elitistrecords.co.uk
Here's a taster from the upcoming album "The Painter's Palette". This is a rough mix of the track "The Passage".

I have to say that the band have exceeded my expectations here... This is something totallly new for me. I'm proud and delighted that Ephel Duath are part of Elitist Records. It's this kind of creativity that I crave and adore. Hail Davide Tiso and Ephel Duath!

http://www.elitistrecords.co.uk/thepassage.mp3

Lee

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

the new songs has been played during the Studio report with Metal HAmmer yesterday, and the Editor was Amazed! hehehe... he promised us a Huge feature and the "Album Of The Month" slot!

Lee, tell to Sarah that we pretend the Terrorizer Cover also ;)

aaaaaaarrrgghhhhh! the new song is far beyond all my expectations! totally AMAZING!!!!!

can't wait for the album now!!!!!! when it will be released?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG:

Yes, it's fucking incredible. I too have listened to it a lot. I love the drumming, the movement. A new era for extreme metal is upon us with this record, I think. So much more rewarding than most million miles per hour death metal.

Emi, not too sure if you've heard Dillinger Escape Plan, but the manic-style of 'The Passage' reminds of their material. In fact, I'd say it's a blend of Cynic, Sun Ra and DEP. I love it. What's your live show like?

I'm glad you like it :) I've had the two songs I have pretty much on repeat play. Awesome. I can't wait to get this album out.

The live shows will be happening early this year. I'm going to try and hook 'em up with a decent booking agent and we can go from there. The thing we're trying to fathom is what type of band can you put them on with? Do you go for a black / death metal crowd? A post-hardcore type thing? A Fantomas / Mr Bungle thing? I guess what we'll have to do is get them to play all these types of shows and see how it goes down. I think folks will be scratching their heads in beweilderment no matter where they play. :)

Lee

Of Course I know Dillinger Escape Plan, and I like 'em quite a lot, but i really find hard to find "similar" bands... the new music is so diverse and unique that it's something on his own in my opinion...

regarding the "live" side, we are working on it right now, reharsing and arranging everything. the band will make their debut on stage supporting Lacuna Coil in their italian Tour, starting from February 15th.

we have many great ideas for the live shows, but of course at the beginning we will not have the possibility to bring a lot of stuff with us, so the result will be a very "hardcore" show, with just the music to speak...

I really hope that lee will find us a good booking agency, we really need to start touring!

Do you go for a black / death metal crowd? A post-hardcore type thing? A Fantomas / Mr Bungle thing? = All of the above.

For death/black metal, you gotta do it with more adventurous bands. I see Solefald, Red Harvest, Strapping Young Lad, Theory In Practice, Mastodon type line up for that. Post hardcore would be cool. DEP, The End, From Autumn To Ashes, Converge, etc. They may also work in a Dysrhythmia and The Fucking Champs capacity as well.

Why not TOOL and SYSTEM OF A DOWN ? ;) both carried bands such as Meshuggah and Dillinger Escape Plan with 'em, so why not Ephel Duath? hehehe...

but of course I agree that we need to play with "open-mind" bands, no matter if they are "metal" , "hardcore", "prog" or whatever...