EPICA: The Holographic Principle

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
EPICA TO RELEASE THE HOLOGRAPHIC PRINCIPLE ALBUM IN SEPTEMBER; MORE DETAILS REVEALED

"...Dutch metal band Epica have finally put the last touches on their new upcoming studio album, entitled The Holographic Principle. The album will be released worldwide via Nuclear Blast Records on September 30th...."

epicaalbumjune.jpg

EPICA’S SIMONE SIMONS DISCUSSES UPCOMING ALBUM THE HOLOGRAPHIC PRINCIPLE, DUE FOR RELEASE IN OCTOBER; VIDEO

EPICA VOCALIST SIMONE SIMONS GEARING UP FOR NEW ALBUM - "WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT 14 YEARS AGO THAT I WOULD STILL BE SINGING ON STAGES ALL OVER THE WORLD?"

Reactions: Monsterman
Ya know, Epica has kind of plateaued over the last several albums, but they've been at such a high level throughout that I don't know where else they could really go..... Anything other than what they are doing would be a step backwards. I completely look forward to this album, even though I expect zero surprises whatsoever..... Strange

EPICA CONFIRM THE NORTH AMERICAN PRINCIPLE TOUR WITH FLESHGOD APOCALYPSE, ARKONA, THE AGONIST; XANDRIA TO APPEAR ON SELECT DATES

"...Dutch metal band, Epica, will return this fall for the North American Principle Tour in support of their upcoming album, The Holographic Principle. Epica will be joined on this trek by Italian symphonic death metal kings Fleshgod Apocalypse, Russian Pagan warriors Arkona, and their good friends in The Agonist.

The first three dates will see Germany’s Xandria as a replacement for Arkona. Tour kick off will be on November 4th in Quebec City and will conclude December 3rd in Worcester, MA...."

epicanewtourjune.jpg

November (with Fleshgod Apocalypse, Xandria, The Agonist)
4 - Imperial Theater - Quebec City, QC
5 - Corona - Montreal, QC
6 - Phoenix Concert Hall - Toronto, ON

November (with Fleshgod Apocalypse, Arkona, The Agonist)
8 - Concord Music Hall - Chicago, IL
9 - Cabooze - Minneapolis, MN
11 - Saskatoon Event Center - Saskatoon, SK
12 - Marquee - Calgary, AB
13 - The Ranch - Edmonton, AB
15 - Vogue Theatre - Vancouver, BC
16 - Studio 7 - Seattle, WA
18 - Social Hall - San Francisco, CA
19 - The Regent - Los Angeles, CA
20 - Vinyl at Hard Rock Hotel - Las Vegas, NV
22 - Summit Music Hall - Denver, CO
23 - Granada Theater - Lawrence, KS
25 - Gas Monkey Live - Dallas, TX
26 - Empire Control Room - Austin, TX
28 - State Theater - St Petersburg, FL
29 - Masquerade - Atlanta, GA

December (with Fleshgod Apocalypse, Arkona, The Agonist)
1 - Soundstage Baltimore, MD
2 - Webster Hall - New York, NY
3 - Palladium - Worcester, MA

Obligatory first complaint that they aren't playing anywhere REMOTELY close to me. Strange tour routing to say the least. Hopefully there is a second leg at some point, as this is one of my few remaining bucket list bands.

You can check out the new song "Universal Death Squad" on Spotify:

Last edited:
Ya know, Epica has kind of plateaued over the last several albums, but they've been at such a high level throughout that I don't know where else they could really go..... Anything other than what they are doing would be a step backwards. I completely look forward to this album, even though I expect zero surprises whatsoever..... Strange

Listening to the new release and my first impression is in a year of really strong releases this is potentially album of the year in my book. Wow stunning.