EPICA

Diletta

New Metal Member
Apr 15, 2005
GREECE
darcore.suddenlaunch3.com
EPICA's,consisted of Simone Simons(vocals),Mark Jansen(guitars,screams&grunts),Ad Sluijter(guitars),Jeroen Simons(drums),Coen Jansen(Synths) and Yves Huts(bass guitar),music combining melodic/symphonic/epic metal with 8 strings: 3 violins, 2 violas, 2 cellos and a double bass(along with the band's music) create a magical atmosphere with meaningful lyrics that touch the listener's soul and pass on messages.They come from Netherlands and are ready to conquer the world.As they're not known in some Europe countries,America and any other countries in the world,I will introduce them to you in order to see the greateness they possess.
Their official site is EPICA
Here are some pics:
epica.jpg

Simone Simons:
simone-simons.jpg

Simone.jpg

Ad Sluijter:
Ad.jpg

Yves Huts:
Yves.jpg

Coen Jansen:
Coen.jpg

Jeroen Simons:
Jeroen.jpg

Mark Jansen(My favourite):
Mark.jpg

Mark2.jpg

These are the great EPICA.I consider you listening to them.
Go to: EPICA Downloads and download some sample tracks and in the main page a sample of their amazing new song,The Last Crusade.
Thanx!

Diletta said:
I'm not talking about heavy metal here.I'm talking about melodic/epic/symphonic metal.

no offense, but im sick of this garbage already. we already have nightwish, within temptation, lucuna coil. stop with the fucking epic/melodic garbage followed by female vocals. its everywhere, its like the newest craze.

HardSide said:
no offense, but im sick of this garbage already. we already have nightwish, within temptation, lucuna coil. stop with the fucking epic/melodic garbage followed by female vocals. its everywhere, its like the newest craze.

So what's the problem?What shouldn't we be sick of heavy metal bands with frontmen?I don't understand you.Epica is one of the best bands in this style,no offense.Nightwish and Within Temptation are amazing but Epica and After Forever(another great band)have their own quality.And if you don't like them just don't reply to this topic.No offense.

I know them, they're quite okay. I like what they do with the strings but aside from that it's nothing really original. Even though I appreciate the efforts of the NL metal scene to break through these days, nothing beats Nightwish in this kind of metal :)

fulminatrix_XII said:
I know them, they're quite okay. I like what they do with the strings but aside from that it's nothing really original. Even though I appreciate the efforts of the NL metal scene to break through these days, nothing beats Nightwish in this kind of metal :)

I accept your opinion.And I also agree that Nightwish are the No.1 in this kind.

Diletta said:
So what's the problem?What shouldn't we be sick of heavy metal bands with frontmen?I don't understand you.Epica is one of the best bands in this style,no offense.Nightwish and Within Temptation are amazing but Epica and After Forever(another great band)have their own quality.And if you don't like them just don't reply to this topic.No offense.
We're sick of "goffick" bands with chicks for vocalists because the music is overly-sentimental bittersweet tripe and it's an obvious gimmick.

Not everyone is tired of this type of music. :Spin: I discovered Epica, or Sahara Dust at that time, via the Headway festival's website a couple years ago.

Looking forward to the new Epica cd!

Stacy

Christ, they aren't metal, melodic, gothic or otherwise. They are a new age band with very, very few metal influences. Growls does not make a band metal.

I like a lot of music besides metal, but this is just pretentious pretender bullshit.

Cynical said:
Do you need to? They're "melodic metal" with a female vocalist and a name like "Epica".

Cynical,you make things worse where they aren't.I don't get you,what's wrong with a female vocalist?And also the name Epica is unique and nice.Your reasons about not listening to Epica do not have any basis.I know you should say your opinion but don't make the whole thing so huge.It's annoying.

FataMorgana said:
Not everyone is tired of this type of music. :Spin: I discovered Epica, or Sahara Dust at that time, via the Headway festival's website a couple years ago.

Looking forward to the new Epica cd!

Stacy

Their new album is out and it's named Consign to Oblivion.See the banner in my siggy.

Diletta said:
Cynical,you make things worse where they aren't.I don't get you,what's wrong with a female vocalist?And also the name Epica is unique and nice.Your reasons about not listening to Epica do not have any basis.I know you should say your opinion but don't make the whole thing so huge.It's annoying.
This is what you call huge, or "making things worse"? I'd reccomend leaving teh_intarweb immediately (and taking your shitty band with you).

As for the female vocalist- come on, you can't honestly think that anyone here won't recognize it as the faggothic gimmick that it is.

Cynical said:
This is what you call huge, or "making things worse"? I'd reccomend leaving teh_intarweb immediately (and taking your shitty band with you).

As for the female vocalist- come on, you can't honestly think that anyone here won't recognize it as the faggothic gimmick that it is.

OK.But I advise not letting vulgar heavy metal lyrics influence you...Cya.