Epilogue - The Wanderer

Agalloch

The Purest of Doom
Nov 29, 2003
AZ
Am I the only one that notices an extreme similarity in the structuring of these two songs? Epilogue from MAYH and The Wanderer from Anthems to the Welkin At Dusk by Emperor. Both are final songs on a concept album. Both fade in slowly, and both are essentially repeated parts for their duration. Maybe I'm crazy but I think they're extremely similar.

It's been pointed out before. I think the similarity isn't really uncanny, considering that structured sort of looped backing track thing isn't a new development or anything. Epilogue is essentially a jam track whilst the Wanderer is slightly more structured, has written leads and actual riff (key?) changes (if I recall).

The similarities sort of end at 'closing tracks - fade in and out'.

Opeth are fucking amazing to listen to when you're walking through woodland areas whilst its raining.. it made the music so much more atmospheric imo.

I do see similarities and i do think the wanderer is the better song .. but the similarities aren't huge

I had Opeth on while I was walking through the woods, but it wasn't raining so it sounded shit.