Equilibrium - Sagas

Sep 12, 2002
Visit site
Ok, so I've had this album for a few weeks now and just can't stop listening to it. It really is one of the most epic folk metal albums I've ever heard. I thought their first album, Turis Fratyr, was incredible and couldn't wait for Sagas. Sagas has far surpassed any expectations I had though. If you are into folk metal, you have to check them out.

It would be good if they weren't gay like Turisas and use all that cheesy epic sound. Way big drop down from Turis Fratyr.

I've been looking at this CD in my store for the last few weeks and I've been interested in hearing it. Thanks for the info, I'll listen to this tonight!!

It would be good if they weren't gay like Turisas and use all that cheesy epic sound. Way big drop down from Turis Fratyr.

See I don't see them being as corny as Turisas, but I've never watched any live footage. I really like Turis Fratyr a lot, not taking anything away from it but there is something about the new album that makes me like it more (maybe it's the 16 minute instrumental at the end).

See I don't see them being as corny as Turisas, but I've never watched any live footage. I really like Turis Fratyr a lot, not taking anything away from it but there is something about the new album that makes me like it more (maybe it's the 16 minute instrumental at the end).

BATTLE METAL!!! Now what's cheesy about that? :lol: I thought armies always had metal bands handy to play along to the fighting. :p

~Brian~

Ok I never saw the big deal about this band and I could never get into the first album no matter how hard I tried. But some guy recommended Sagas to me and told me just to give it a chance.

Ever since I had that first listen, I could not get the songs stuck out of my head and I could not stop listening to this. It's such an amazing album. I'm probably going to be buying it within the next few weeks.

I agree with dcowboys311.....besides the new Bloodbath (technically an EP) this is my favorite album of 2008 so far.

Highly recommended :kickass: