Eric Jams with Satriani/Schon/Meninketti & Journey

Deadly Embrace

TL PREACHER
Feb 27, 2002
Bay Area
www.sfmetal.com
Last night at the Concord Pavillion, Journey finished their set, & came back out with an Allstar Jam; Neil Schon & the rest of Journey, Joe Satriani, Dave Meninketti of Y & T, & filling in for an absent Ronnie Montrose, was none other than our own Eric Peterson. They played the classic Led Zeppelin song "Rock N Roll", with each guitar player doing his own lead solo. It was a once in a lifetime oppurtunity, I'm glad I stuck out all of Journey's set to see this. Eric was fantastic, & so were the rest of that allstar union.
On a night that started off with Testament's first live show in 2 years, which was incredible, for the hometown hero's, with a great crowd, & many, many, personal family & friends present to welcome Chuck & the rest of the band, back into the spotlight.
Many people traveled from far off places to share in this moment, & none were disappointed, thats for sure. Testament played just about one hours worth of old classics & a few new classics from their last effort, The Gathering.
Backstage, Neil Schon Of Journey, told Eric he was in for the absent Montrose, who had left the venue, already. While Neil
went over the song with Eric, he told Eric that he had & liked The New Order album alot. And Eric was very surprised, that they went with him. But he showed no stage fright as he wore his long sleeve Testament shirt, all dressed in black, & went right to the front of the stage, & rubbed elbows with Schon & Satriani, while the 4 guitar players jammed. I know that was a high point in Eric's career, to play to a packed Arena venue, with the older
Rock N Roll Legends, right in his hometown, with family & friends in attendance. Who would have thought Journey would share
the stage, & the Spotlight, with Eric Peterson, & then throw in Dave Meninketti & Joe Satriani. Words can not even describe it.
I doubt Eric will get much sleep tonight, but when he does, & wakes up, he will realize that he's lived a dream.

How fucking awesome is THAT? Eric must have been so stoked!
Its very cool that Neil has the New Order!! Hahahaha!
Did anyone video tape this momentous occasion???
Also, I'm VERY psyched to see RAGING fucking WATERS make its way back into the set after so many years! I hope they keep it there atleast long enough for EVERYONE to hear.

Eric is twice the player that Schon and Meneketti
are. Given.

I'm not dumping on Anyone in my effort to compliment
Eric, and I'm not dumping on those guys if you dig them.
I thought Schon and Meneketti would be in the old age
home for rock stars. Neither bands have rocked in years.
It's true.

-OfficerNice....the next member of Voivod