Eric Peterson Interview w/ Rock Confidential

Ok, I see your point now.
As for Greg and Louie... I don't know, but I also wouldn't like to see SDG being replaced by anyone, just because he's an amazing bass player and fits the band very well.. on the other hand, Greg's a fantastic musician as well and the only person that actually could replace SDG, IMO. When it comes to Paul, I'm not really sure he's still in the band (I mean, there was no official announcement or anything and I don't want to speculate), but given this interview I got the impression that there apparently is not much going on in the Testament camp (exept for the reunion gigs) and no real touring or recording plans at the moment... Eric doesn't mention the guys that we all thought are in the band now (SDG, PB, MC) and says he'd rather do a record with his former bandmates (which most fans, including me, would absolutely love...I suspect).
Anyway, we'll find out what's going on when Chuck and Eric want us to know, so there's no use in speculating.

I want to see a new interview with Chuck just to see how he feels about the New CD.and see if he wants the new CD to be with the old members or the new.

allright, the first 4 albums!!!!!!!!, they blow away any other testament stuff.

And waiting for the album isn't bad, I hate it when bands put out weak albums because they want to have a release every year.

Oh fuck ... I´ve been a Testament fan from the beginning. This includes I liked the original lineup as it was, which was responsable for Testament´s great success in from 1987-1990. But to figure it out ... Louie can´t make it today. Eric had this comparison to Lars Ulrich. Fuck him. He can play better today than 1996 on the "Load" album but he´s still not a good drummer. He´s ok but there are million drummer outside there who can play not only faster but better than Lars. If you compare Louie to drummers like Paul B., Johnny T., Dave L. and so on, Louie should be honest, take his sticks and let them rest in his bag.
I always was sad when one of the original members left the band, like Greg and Alex except I read this about Louie. I hope Chuck and Eric will be realistic and realize Louie would be the wrongest man on the drum position.

Yeah, I think most of us can agree that Louie isn't going to cut it on the kit this time around. Each and any of his replacements would be a better fit at this point.

I still find it odd that it took 20 years in the business for Eric to figure out (or admit, at least) that it's difficult to write albums as a band when there's no unity, continuity, or chemistry between the members. The "hired gun" approach can only work for so long, and so few rock/metal bands have been successful doing what Testament has for the last decade.

Personally, if one Testament lineup could get back together, I'd like it to be the one that recorded Low. Best musicians, best album, no shit.