James Hetfield:......Interview.........

xAm_I_Evilx said:
did you forget that during the recording of Load he was still an alcoholic and hell he even even still had long hair (the hair wasn't cut until right before that photo shoot).....so that has nothing to do with the music of the old Metallica.....
Did I forget? I think not. I am a huge Metallica fan. I have admitted that I don't like the last release....So Fucking What.......and it seems to me that you are one of those people that think that long hair has something to do with writing etc etc......?????

Deadly Embrace said:
James cut his hair after the Pyro accident(Black Album Tour).........and could'nt grow it back quickly enough...........so he cut real short shortly after that..............:err:
that's not right....as that was in 92 and for the rest of the tour he still had long hair, it just looked shitty for a while....at woodstock 94 the only one with short hair was Jason, and at the Escape from the Studio show in 95 James still had long hair as he did through the whole Load recording sessions.....

Valofvalhalla said:
See what I mean?
where did i say anywhere that the hair impacts the music???

i just made a statement because that is another common misconception along with the sober thing....and then DE said something wrong so i was just informing him of the fact that James had long hair until late 95/early96 (not sure which)

Everyone made such a big fucking deal when the guys cut their hair, and in this forum, people were also making fun of Chuck's hair.......I guess it's just a touchy subject for me. So no offense?

Oh, dear god!!! You mean Hetfield isn't in the "know" with all the trooo and underground metal out there? I'm shocked!

C'mon, for fuck's sake. He's a 40 year old man who runs one of the biggest bands on the planet has a family of three children and a wife. How much of the time he can spare from that do you think he wants to dedicate to listen to metal of all things?

Reactions: Officer Nice
Haunted/Hated said:
Oh, dear god!!! You mean Hetfield isn't in the "know" with all the trooo and underground metal out there? I'm shocked!

C'mon, for fuck's sake. He's a 40 year old man who runs one of the biggest bands on the planet has a family of three children and a wife. How much of the time he can spare from that do you think he wants to dedicate to listen to metal of all things?

:headbang:

I remeber when this interview was posted on blabbermouth and I just had the same thoughts like all of you ........ this rap guy has a nightmare every night ... blood drinking, church burning, man eating Death Metal bands haunting him in his head harhar .........

Kirk Hammett should just save himself from the humiliation of that interview by quiting the band. He should found a new one with dimebag, vinnie Paul, Joey Belladonna and David Ellefson. He might not be very good at solos, but I sure hope he knows more what metal is than james :OMG: Let diamon Darell do the soloing :cool:

The tallica-boys should watch and learn from their old metal-buddies..
Instead of hanging out with the old-school metal bands, they are playing with those Nu-metal fags like slipknot and linking dicks...
They are fucking brainwashed.
Thank god for bands like Testament..They will never let us down.

IN TO THE PIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:headbang:

some of the days off we're going and headlining, we're doing some stuff with The Datsuns, in Australia that is, but here, we've always heard about this [the Big Day Out] and we've never got to do it. For Metallica after 12 years to still find a first to do is really cool. Plus we get to be in the summertime again.
WTF? WHO are they touring with, again? I've never heard of them. 12 years? Is that a bitch slap to the previous years, the METAL years? Summertime? You mean, like Sisqo? James Hetfield and Sisqo, brothers in homosexuality!
What are the oldest Metallica songs you still play? I know you play a couple off 'Kill 'em All', from the look of recent set lists.

Oh yeah. We're playing stuff from 'Kill 'em All' all the way up to 'St Anger', 'Seek and Destroy' is always a great one to play.
Too little, too late, retard.

St Anger going over well?
I definitely don’t get a rest on any of those songs!!

Unlike my CD player, which always takes a rest from those songs.

Its was filmed over the process of making St Anger, is that right?
Yeah, two years of struggle, pretty much, after Jason left, me going into rehab, and us not knowing if the band was gonna continue, it was pretty interesting that a film crew was there, starting it. It was just gonna be a 'making of' the record, it turned into something more.

Continue? On what album, cause' St Anger wasn't it! Metallica ceased to exist to me after AJFA!

Well you know, we share struggles, trying to stay clear and present, we don’t really communicate much, we're doing a lot of communicating within the four of us, in the band... I wasn't around when he (Mustaine) was there, I was doing my own soul searching.

Translation: "We kicked Mustaine out because I feared him. Even after he sold out and and quit Megadeth, I STILL fear his ass." ROFL!

Old thrash bands, Exodus, Nuclear Assault, Death Angel reforming, touring, what do you think about that? Great.

Translation: "Those must be metal bands, because I've ever heard of em', but I think Kirk mentioned Exodus once or twice. Whatever, I'll just say something to smooth it over."

Kirk was in Exodus, and ahh, they’ve gone though some tough stuff too, their original singer died, and those other bands, they were all around when we were growing up, and starting.
T: "Oh yeah, that's why Kirk mentioned them. I'll quickly gather up what I remember of those conversations."

I means its great, if they want to do it, why not... I mean if it feels right, if it feels good, some bands have survived, and some bands needed to go away and then come back when metal got, kinda together again.
T: "They are? Who knew?!"

Metal... hmmm what do I consider metal... Mars Volta... that's not really metal, Queens of the Stone Age...
Yeah, you know, METAL. The reason you began playing music, tard. You know, the FIRST PART OF YOUR BAND'S NAME! Get a clue, moron!

Well like Hatebreed...

I like Hatebreed too, but they're not death metal by any stretch of the imagination. Is this the same guy who wrote songs like Master of Puppets and Dyers Eve?

Yeah we're getting some of that stuff, and it's cool to thow on and see whats going on out there, you know, you can really get wrapped up in you own stuff, for a while, I definitely don’t listen to our stuff all the time! When you've just made an album and you're so intense on your stuff, you're not reaching out for other kinds of stuff. When you're making a record, you're not on your time off, resting your ears with Hatebreed you know! (laughs).

The last one was for the Black album?
Actually I think 'The Call of Ktulu' on S&M, but its really great to still be nominated.

T: "Yeah, it'd be great to collect on Mustaine's work again. Other than that, I've completely lost touch with all that is old skool, hence the lack of grammies."

But, I digress, St. Anger really is a good alternative album. Really.