Erik Rutan back in Morbid Angel

Stormwatch

Cock.
May 2, 2003
Fortress of Arrogance
I can't do a search to see if this has been posted already as the Search function is playing up.

Anyway, Erik Rutan has rejoined MA for their latest tour. I just hope he hasn't binned Hate Eternal, as they're a better band than MA these days!

Erik Rutan has never done anything significant in MA so it's probably for touring like usual. Bands sound better live with two guitarists. Who is on second guitar in this case does not really matter to me. what happened to Tony Norman anyways ?. The last on hear he was missing or something.

Stormwatch said:
He played on Domination, which is a fucking great album!

Domination was ok, I don't think it was all that "superb"

nothing can beat Altars Of Madness.

He may have played on "Domination", but did he WRITE anything for it?

A bit off the subject, but I used to know Derek Roddy, Hate Eternal's ex-drummer, used to jam with him before he moved to Florida. I rode out to Atlanta last summer to meet up with him at the Masquerade, he introduced me to Rutan - pretty intense dude, to say the least. I soundchecked his rig/jammed with Roddy while they were setting up all their stuff. The dude had pretty killer action on that Ironbird of his. Then I got stoned with Krisiun and drove my ass back home. Me and Roddy had a falling out since.

If krisiun layed of the peace plant they might realize how much they suck!.

(i had too).

The Greys said:

(i had too).
Their music certainly isn't the most original and at times very repetitive, but live they are pretty entertaining. My old band Wretch opened for them on Ageless Venomous back in 2001. And if you sat there and watched Moyses in a chair across from you just warming up or whatever, I guarantee that you would be impressed. The guy has got some tasteful shit going on in his solos.

The Greys said:

(i had too).

What the fuck? Are you on the peace plant or drinking or something? That sentence didn't even make sense you cunt. And if you think Krisiun suck, check out their latest album, it's fucking brilliant.

Stormwatch said:
What the fuck? Are you on the peace plant or drinking or something? That sentence didn't even make sense you cunt. And if you think Krisiun suck, check out their latest album, it's fucking brilliant.

Agreed. Great album. Don't agree with you on Hate Eternal though - pointless blast after pointless blast followed by more dissonant riffage. Pretty boring imo.

The new Deicide is fucking superb though!\:kickass: