Erik Rutan back in Morbid Angel

Carcassian said:
Agreed. Great album. Don't agree with you on Hate Eternal though - pointless blast after pointless blast followed by more dissonant riffage. Pretty boring imo.

The new Deicide is fucking superb though!\:kickass:

Your description of Hate Eternal is pretty much right, but they do have some great songs and IMO are better now than MA are these days. They're not as good as Krisiun or Deicide though - those two bands have released incredible records lately! :headbang:

Well, I'm an affirmed latter period MA fan. Prior to Domination, I only ever liked the odd track from 'em to be honest - where as both Formulas and Gateways are mind expanding works of near-genius. Heretic? Well, we're all allowed an off day once in a while...

Carcassian said:
Well, I'm an affirmed latter period MA fan. Prior to Domination, I only ever liked the odd track from 'em to be honest - where as both Formulas and Gateways are mind expanding works of near-genius. Heretic? Well, we're all allowed an off day once in a while...
I think Covenant is a good album even though the production kind of sucks.
I agree with you on Formulas and Gateways (though Formulas is a little better IMO). I even think there's some decent stuff on Heretic.