Eternal Tears of Sorrow

dgn4369

Feb 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
The new Eternal Tears of Sorrow song is out. I always enjoyed their brand of melodeath, way more melodic than death. This bands needs to be considered for a future ProgPower.

Last edited by a moderator:
I LOVED A Virgin and a Whore. The last two were too power metally for me and not dark enough. This one sadly seems like it's in the same vain, and those vocals... fucking wow. What a shame. Horrible, tasteless cheeseball singing. Similar to what's happened in Amoral. Can't believe there are people who actually enjoy this sort of stuff.

edit: here's how the band is SUPPOSED to sound:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE_iYO56Qhw

Sorry, AS, but I checked out the new tune and I LOVE IT! Right up my alley! But...hey, we all have our own tastes and opinions. Actually, I like them no matter how they sound. That being said, I would be ecstatic beyond comprehension to see them appear at a very near future progpower.

When I think of EToS this is what I think of:

I need to find and buy their discography. I only have what a friend of mine gave me. I do love it, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
The new Eternal Tears of Sorrow song is out. I always enjoyed their brand of melodeath, way more melodic than death. This bands needs to be considered for a future ProgPower.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leXpn9_pi8A

I love Eternal Tears of Sorrow too -- all of their albums -- and would love to see them live as well. I don't hear much about them even though they continue to put out albums, so it's great to see someone else mention them on the forums.

Seen these guys at my first metal concert ever, opening for Nightwish back in 2000. They were good and I've been grabbing their CDs ever since; another thumbs up here from me!

I think maybe it needs to sink in some. I've loved the other stuff I've heard, but this didn't jump out at me right away. I'll give it a few more chances before I make up my mind about it.

just received my copy of the new EToS direct from MASSACRE Records. I'll be spinning tracks from this album over the next few Mondays on my radio show if anyone wants to hear more.

First time listening, and it only took a couple songs in before I was hooked. \m/ Great stuff.