Euro Championship 2008

Portugal can be the winners.
Spain - Russia will be 4:0 or maybe 6:0 =|

I dont think Portugal performed that well considering their quality. They did okay. Overall I'm disappointed by group A. Czech Republic is possibly the most overrated team in the tournament along with Holland. I was hoping for Switzerland but they fell asleep after Frei got injured.

Surely am watching, watched some bits of Swi - Cze, not a very interesting match. Deserved win for Czech though.

Portugal played well I thought, also very much deserved 2-0 win there.

As for Holland being overrated, maybe in other countries who still base their estimation/expectations on results achieved by our team a long time ago, over here no one realistically has very high expectations, hopes, sure, but no serious expectations. At least I don't. But then the potential is there I think, except for the defense. Sneijder, Van Nistelrooy, Van Persie and Van der Vaart are all top players. Not to mention our goalkeeper.

Well van Der Sar is to me #3 in the world after Casillas and Cech. No doubt about his ownage no matter his age. I just dont see Holland beating their way out of that group. Somehow I hold higher hopes for Romania since no one expects them to do it. They ain't a bad team at all. Holland has an arsenal of offense, they just need a 29-year old Stam back.

Well, it's definitely the 'group of death' with both finalists of the last world championship and Romania ended ahead of us in qualification for Euro 2008, so surely it's gonna be tough. We do usually play our best matches against the strongest teams though.

Cech is very very good, but Casillas is not better than Van der Sar i.m.o., Buffon might be.

I think the margins will be very small in that group considering how snug and defensive some of the play will be (not including Holland of course). Not surprised if it would wind up like the Italy group in the '94 World Championship with all the teams barely scoring and almost every game ending in draw. Wouldn't surprise me if Romania wins a game or two since Italy, France and Holland likely focuses on beating eachother.

My country could be great on this tournament...very good team, great players...well, they all look like group of idiots ( which they are in their private life ), but they know how to play :) Today they are playing with Austria( Österreich )...will be interesting :)

I think the margins will be very small in that group considering how snug and defensive some of the play will be (not including Holland of course). Not surprised if it would wind up like the Italy group in the '94 World Championship with all the teams barely scoring and almost every game ending in draw. Wouldn't surprise me if Romania wins a game or two since Italy, France and Holland likely focuses on beating eachother.
Italy is known for strong defense and sometimes defensive playing, the other teams normally aren't. And yeah, Romania surely is the 'underdog' in this group. Anyway, tomorrow the first matches in this group, let's see :)
My country could be great on this tournament...very good team, great players...well, they all look like group of idiots ( which they are in their private life ), but they know how to play :) Today they are playing with Austria( Österreich )...will be interesting :)
The Euro 2008 qualifying match of Croatia in London versus England was awesome! Not that I hate the English or something, but it was just spectacular.

The Euro 2008 qualifying match of Croatia in London versus England was awesome! Not that I hate the English or something, but it was just spectacular.

Yes, that really was spectacular...and just one loss in 12 or so matches ( against Macedonia on worst terrain ever seen in history ) in qualifying for Euro 2008..I say, great team, but we'll se... :kickass: