Euro Championship 2008

I think watching Greece playing football is one of the most boring things in this life. Too defensive (3 center backs? it's been a long time since i saw a system like that), pointless, monotonic. I am Greek, but last nights' match disappointed me very much. Respect to Zladan Ibrahmovic, very nice goal especially in a time when the whole Europe talks about him and some things he said.I think Holland is in the lead so far concerning chances for winning the cup, after all it's been a long time, 20 years i think.

Croatia DESTROYED Germany...the result doesn't tell this that much, but all of you who have been watching the game, knows what I'm talking about :)
Yeah, I'm glad Croatia improved their game compared to the poor performance in the first match. After the 1-1 draw between Austria and Poland, Croatia is now 100% safe for the quarter finals. Considering the brave, but weak performance of Austria, Germany will probably not have a lot of trouble to qualify as well.

I'm pretty anxious for the day of tomorrow though.. Romania will (or should) be facing a very fired up and vengeful Italian team. But then of course NL - France, I hope we can win, then we're safe, a draw would be no disaster, but please let's just win.. Gonna be real hard though..

Incredible play by Croatia. They beat Germany by playing german style football with power heh :p Group C will be highly interesting. Holland will probably make the playoffs, second place is up for grabs totally. I think Italy will turn it around... the way Domenech is coaching France they'd draw every bad team 0-0 and lose to every good one.

Spain will never win a quarter final in our lifetimes ;) Also Germany will beat Portugal if they move over Lahm to left back and pull down Fritz to right back. Jansen pretty much scored goals for Croatia in the last game. Russia and Greece will likely draw I think, leaving Russia with one point unless Spain makes a ridicilously uninspired game after beating the crap out of Sweden tonight heh ;)

tongue.gif

Man, we played such a poor figure in the first match with Holland and didn't go so well neither yesterday with... I don't remember with whom we played yesterday, 'coz I was very disappointed after the first match :)
Cross my fingers and hope it will go better.

Yeah I thought that it was offside at first.But I watched it a few times more and no it was not offside.Anyways I think Turkey was the weakest team of the tournament until the second half of this match.I gotta say that it was an amazing spirit and a good game.But I don't think Turkey would have a chance winning the quarter final.If they don't piss off El Turco of course:) We'll wait and see...