Eurobass II Mix Demo (Feedback?)

MrKhacheerio

New Metal Member
Mar 20, 2017
California
Hi all,

I just bought Eurobass II; because I can't play bass for shit, I feel like it's a huge upgrade. I'd love some feedback on this short demo of the plugin I just recorded:

Thanks!

\m/

Sounds great, been thinking about getting this myself actually. The guitar tone is awesome too, how did you do that?

Thanks! Yeah I'd say it's pretty good for the price, and really good if you can't play bass at all like me. The low end and transient detail are awesome, the top end sounds a bit fake but, it's workable. I can't figure out the keyswitching feature so whatever I did this time had no dynamics, that might be why...

Ah I appreciate you saying that, I've struggled with guitar tone literally for years. This one comes from my Axe FX II. The chain I have going for this one is:

TS OD (gain at about 2, drive way up) > Amp (5150 III, red, very low preamp gain) > Tone Match block (matched to "Harlott - Effortless Struggle")

That's all, really. I don't think it's all about having an Axe FX though; the tone match feature opened my eyes to how guitars ought to be equalized and that's probably the important part. I've matched about 10 thrash metal tones and they all have a very specific dip in the mid-range, including anything from 300Hz to 1000Hz. It seems like it'd be obvious to do that for metal but, I don't know, I didn't trust it until I matched tones and saw the same graph 10 times over.

There's some saturation and other stuff going on in post but it's less important. I still have a long way to go with guitar tone but, it's come a long way, for sure.

Well I went and got Eurobass the other night, not as impressed as I thought I would be. Started using it and was surprised how good it sounded when keying in the notes and for the most part it sounds great. However no matter what I do, I can't get the faster alternate picking to sound decent, no matter which alternate picking setting I use within the plug in it still sounds funky! I have tried randomizing the notes but they end up clashing because they inevitably overlap slightly when I take them off the grid. There must be a better way than doing this and then manually readjusting all the note lengths.

Is there anything you've found like this?

Well I went and got Eurobass the other night, not as impressed as I thought I would be. Started using it and was surprised how good it sounded when keying in the notes and for the most part it sounds great. However no matter what I do, I can't get the faster alternate picking to sound decent, no matter which alternate picking setting I use within the plug in it still sounds funky! I have tried randomizing the notes but they end up clashing because they inevitably overlap slightly when I take them off the grid. There must be a better way than doing this and then manually readjusting all the note lengths.

Is there anything you've found like this?

What are you doing with velocities when programming alternate picked parts? It seems common sense to lower the velocity of all the upstrokes but sometimes people forget to do that, haha.

I tried randomizing velocity but didn't feel it made a big enough difference. I could have just been having a bad day with my ears though, I listened back to what I did on my headphones earlier on and it sounded better to me in the mix. I'll probably need to just play with it some more, all the velocity before randomising were set to 127 so maybe I need to sit them at a lower setting before randomising.

What exactly are you hearing? I'm curious to know, it might be the same thing I hear in the top end.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I just bought Eurobass II; because I can't play bass for shit, I feel like it's a huge upgrade. I'd love some feedback on this short demo of the plugin I just recorded:

Thanks!

\m/

One thing that stands out to me is the drums are too loud and the kick is way to thuddy at the very bottom end. Maybe bring your drum bus down and high pass that kick at around 40-60hz. Other than that, sounds really good man.

One thing that stands out to me is the drums are too loud and the kick is way to thuddy at the very bottom end. Maybe bring your drum bus down and high pass that kick at around 40-60hz. Other than that, sounds really good man.

Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it. I think these are actually excellent suggestions, they open up the mix a bit and I can get the whole thing a bit louder without the subs eating headroom too!