ODIN II Demo (Feedback?)

MrKhacheerio

New Metal Member
Mar 20, 2017
California
Hi all,

I decided to give Odin guitars a try; I bought it mainly to make writing music easier and faster for me. It's probably already clear to everyone that real guitars sound way better, but could I get some constructive (or destructive) criticism on this short demo I made? Try to ignore anything that has to do with the guitar playing, the dynamics are super wonky, key switches or not... They're also not nearly as percussive as they should be, I may re-record the guitars myself if anyone's interested in comparing them...

Thanks!

Hi man, I liked it, yeah the dynamics are kinda wonky but the overall result is not so bad IMO.
I also bought Odin II some time ago but I always struggle to get some good palm mutes riffs, it seems to me that it just doesn't have enough round robins or velocity layers for that articulation.
What amp sim did you use?

Thanks. Yeah that's actually what bothers me the most with it; the "palm muted downstroke" keyswitch is just hard enough for you to tell that that's what it is, but it's way weaker than someone actually playing, I'm really surprised by that. Maybe I'm missing something but I couldn't find any way to make it more pronounced.

I amped it with X50, it wasn't reacting well with my Axe FX for some reason, not sure if I was doing something wrong... Low drive all the way around, boosted with the 808 in X50, just went through IRs till I found some that didn't sound bad, lol.