European Tour 2004

Spetakkel

Child of Bodom
Apr 12, 2004
Norway
As we all know, the European Tour 2004 is starting in sweden tomorrow (friday 16th). Can anyone please post the setlist as soon as it is known, that would be great for the rest of us going the see the same show later..

Im going to see them in Oslo at saturday. Im sooo excited! :headbang:

Yeah, and does anyone know who the mystery TBA support band is yet? I know the two support acts are DevilDriver (boring) and Caliban (never heard them) but there's also a third TBA, and I don't know if it's a different band for each show or one for all of them? Can't find out anywhere, so I assume we'll find out after the 16th??

I'm going to the London Astoria gig :headbang:
It's my first gig at the astoria, does anyone know if there's any chance of cameras being allowed? I have a depressing hunch everyone will be subject to a pat-down, but I really need to take photos and video for a project I'm doing about my journey to the gig and the gig itself....
Even if I manage to get a camera in, a compact slim digital one, taking pics discreetly is always a pain in the arse....

I doubt you can use any sort of camera legally.. btw its a pain in the ass to carry it around for the whole night. you will probably just loose it...

I hope we have some swedish posters here soon, so we can get tonights setlist! :D

The opening band in London is Disfear. Not sure if that's for the whole tour.Astoria do randomly search you, but sometimes just if you have a bag. Careful using flash if you get your camera in though, I've been warned before but I also know people who were thrown out.

OK cool, thanks for that. I won't need to use flash, if I get it in I'll mostly be recording movies that I can draw from and use the sound too (I'm doing a multimedia animation/illustration type piece) and my camera is really small anyway, only a bit wider than a mobile phone. Fingers crossed.

So, I hope we'll be getting some reports from the first few gigs soon!! Can't wait to see the setlist etc.

Wow, 20 songs?! Did they actually PLAY all of those, or are they picking and choosing from that setlist and playing slightly different sets each time?

I guess you're not going to know, given that you weren't there... :)

By the way, to the guy who was asking, the last band for the London show is Disfear.

Setlist for the first day of the Europeon tour:
Dead alone
F(r)iend
The Quiet Place
Touch of red
Like you better dead
My sweet shadow
In search for I
System
Trigger
Cloud connected
Watch them feed
Pinball map
Only For The Weak
Square nothing
Clayman
Embody the invisible
Colony
Coerced coexistence
Gyroscope
Episode 666
Behind space

Not in this order, but you get it.

No friggin Jester Race songs ARGH!

Thanks for the setlist! Interesting.....personally I hope it changes a bit for the London gig, but I guess everyone would want to get rid of one or two songs on there and replace them with their own favourites... :D
I was surprised to see Watch Them Feed on there....I like that song though.
Where's Evil In A Closet?!!! I definitely demand to hear that live.
Good to see My Sweet Shadow on there though.
Here's my wishful exchanges:

Black and white - instead of System
The hive - instead of Behind Space (never liked that for some reason)
Borders and shading - instead of TQP
Zombie Inc - instead of Gyroscope

Then that for me would be a decent setlist. What would everyone else change?

Let's trade the Soundtrack and Reroute set for the whole Jester Race album. At least include Moonsheild or Dead Eternity...is that so much to ask?

I would personally be elated if they played 21 tunes here in the US, but unfortunately such things just aren't probable. You guys should consider yourselves very fortunate to get that many songs, even though Jester Race was neglected. I do find it hard to believe that there aren't at least a FEW tunes on that list that everyone will love...just not all of them :D I'm hopeful for 16-18 songs when I see them in late May..but maybe they'll surprise me and play 20+. Here's an interesting thought...Biosphere anyone? I cannot seem to get the openning riff out of my head..oh well. Good post, thanks for all the info!!

I'm not really surprised there's no Jester Race songs anymore, it's just getting too old. They dropped Stand Ablaze after the Colony tour, and now they're dropping The Jester Race stuff. They played Moonshield up until earlier this year, and given that TJR came out in '96, that's a long time to be playing a song regularly. They're probably fed up of playing it and would rather dedicate their set time to playing their more recent material. So, a lot off the new album is expected, plus the favourites from RTR and Clayman, and they're only going to have limited time for anything older. It's great to see Gyroscope and Coerced Coexistence on there again though. That keeps me happy, along with a lot of the new ones they've added. I'd rather have Borders and Shading than Like You Better Dead though, but you can't win 'em all! I'm sure it'll be a great tour.

i was at the show in oslo last night, it was totally awesome! i didnt like the support bands very much though, but in flames was even more than i expected. What an amazing live-band!

I was hoping that they were gonna play more old stuff, and not that much from the new album, but hey thats just me!

You can really look forward to this guys!

BastrdDrmr said:
By the way, what do those bombs on the setlist mean? And the * too... what do those all mean?

I think the bombs means the especial effects like fires and such. I have no clue about the "*".

FreaKitchen: I think the setlist in Oslo was (as far as i remember) pretty much or maybe exactly what Jesterace posted earlier. I'm not quite sure because im not familiar with their new songs, but i think so. Awesome anyway, but i missed songs like Jotun...