Eurovision 2009

Personally I very much dislike 90% of Eurovision music, considering it mostly pop 1-day hits.

Still, some masterpiece songs are sometimes played there.
This year Israel is represented by
Noa and Mira Awad singing in Hebrew, Arabic and English, song "There Must Be Another Way":

Seems to be a political pro-peace song, which is wonderful. Besides, the song is very beautiful and touching. I'm likely to vote for it.

In 2008 Israel was represented by a Yemeni singer Boaz Mauda. He was really good. An opera diva's lovesong from Slovenia was also outstanding.
Also, in 2008 I loved a hot "Turkish" "Kele-Kele" song by Armenian representative, and a rock ballad from an Albanian band.

:headbang: My slogan is "ORPHANED LAND TO REPRESENT ISRAEL IN 2010!" ;) :headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
PS: "There Must Be Another Way" lyrics

There must be another, must be another way
עינייך אחות
כל מה שליבי מבקש אומרות
עברנו עד כה
דרך ארוכה
דרך כה קשה
יד ביד
והדמעות זולגות זורמות לשוא
כאב ללא שם
אנחנו מחכות
רק ליום שיבוא אחרי
There must be another way
عينيك بتقول
راح ييجي يوم وكل الخوف يزول
بعينيك اصرار
انه عنا خيار
نكمل هالمسار
مهما طال
لانه ما في عنوان وحيد للاحزان
بنادي للمدى, للسما العنيده
דרך ארוכה נעבור
דרך כה קשה
יחד אל האור
عينيك بتقول
كل الخوف يزول
And when I cry I cry for both of us
My pain has no name
And when I cry I cry to the merciless sky and say
והדמעות זולגות זורמות לשוא
כאב ללא שם
אנחנו מחכות
רק ליום שיבוא אחרי

English translation here:
There Must Be Another Way

Shit- I was about to say I don't give a toss for this festival and I guess no one here does. Everyone knows there is nothing democratic in this anymore and the music sucks. But then you tell me Noa is gonne be there. She is probably one of my fave Yemenite voices. Amazing singer!

True, EuroVision is 90% commercial crap. As I've already mentioned. Still, there are some rare pearls as well. In addition to quality music highlights I've mentioned, there were "Zdub Si Sdob" folk-punk from Moldova in 2006, one-of-a-kind Bulgarian new-age drum duet in 2007, and "Radiohead" and "Apocalyptica" as introductory bands. EV is also promotion. Who would possibly know about silly poser pop rockers Lordi before EV? Orphaned Land is true metal, and they would definitely get much more votes than these Lordi clowns. And certainly become world famous.

I don't think so Morticia!!! Lordi was the calling to all metallheads around the europe to vote and to show who and how many we are.And we prove that we are too many for them.Maybe for u it's crap but for the people that are not into our music are the dust in their eye.Of course there is a lot of shit in the contest but there are also and a few good songs with ethnic voices and music even if the had bad results.We also have a lot of garbages in our music even if they don't are in Eurovision.My opinion, end of the story.

heum heum

such a boring song for France !!

Last year we had a true artist Sebastien Tellier ! yeah !!
but lots of people didn't understand him :cry:

Woo-hoo, Noa and Mira Awad made it to the Final! They could have performed the song better, but they made it anyway! I guess anyone could hear and see this song is *special*.

Two other songs I found quality and non-commercial crap were sung by a Swedish opera soprano and Sandra Nurmsalu & Urban Symphony from Estonia (she reminded me of someone very familiar - Bjork? Maddona of "Frozen" times?). Malta blues singer and some occasional folk highlights were also good.

Omg, Harry Potter EXISTS! And he won Eurovision 2009!

37906-20080707000757.jpg
Alexander_Rybak-RESIZE-s925-s450-fit.jpg

He's singing in the voice of Valeriy Meladze (Russian Osetinean Georgian singer that was popular in the USSR when Rybak's family left Belarus in 1992):

But at least he is a professional violinist for real :)