Eurovision Song Contest

bert

Oct 25, 2002
Yorkshire
Visit site
I've just been reading that Lordi will be representing Finland in the Eurovision Song Contest. Superb! It'll be worth watching and I can't wait to hear Wogan's hilarious witticisms when he gets an eyeful of Lordi. I can't see the 'Bim-a-bam' loving judges taking to them either but hats off to the Finnish public.No doubt UK will have some boy/girl band wannabe who hopefully will bring disgrace on the nation again and then try to blame it on the invasion of Iraq! :lol: If you want to check them out go to http://www.lordi.org/main.html and select EXTRAS and ,might I suggest,number 3 on the TV set.The song Blood Red Sandman is a good tune and the video is brilliant. You can also check it out here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34JHqGEtaCI

Well.. To be honest with you, I don't think there would have been any better bands here in Finland to participate eurovision song contest.:) But that doesn't mean Lordi is good :lol: Well, good for them. At least they get publicity and maybe they'll make a small breakthrough. Funny... who the hell even voted them :err: Usually the old people have decided who will represent Finland :loco:

Fingers said:
Now that is truly funny, our representative if you can call him that is a middle aged bloke who thinks he's Eminem, well thats what I've heard !

LoL yeah our 'entry' is a right prat some 30 year old singing about teenage years its pathetic :mad:

Saying that the netherlands entry are stunning o_O

The Monster Show is one of the best metal albums of all time..Lordi Rule!!

Now excuse me, its time for my medication!

have none off you heard of thunderstone
best thing to come out of finland ever
check out there 3 albums, absolute quality
saw them at wacken 2004 on the little stage

timothy sykes said:
have none off you heard of thunderstone
best thing to come out of finland ever
check out there 3 albums, absolute quality
saw them at wacken 2004 on the little stage

Thunderstone are a good band saw em support stratovarius a few years back and they were quality :headbang:

I am the best thing to come from Finland :headbang:
Don't really like any Finnish bands... it's always either black or power metal.. or folk metal. Diiisgusting :ill:

redman
take your head for a good shake
thunderstone are quality, not black or power metal
if your finnish and havent heard of them then hang your head in shame
i have seen them and have all three of there albums and they have only ever played in the uk once as a headline band
support your own bands they are the lifeblood of metal in your country

timothy sykes said:
redman
take your head for a good shake
thunderstone are quality, not black or power metal
if your finnish and havent heard of them then hang your head in shame
i have seen them and have all three of there albums and they have only ever played in the uk once as a headline band
support your own bands they are the lifeblood of metal in your country

Njah, my friends have tried to update my taste of music, but they've not been very succesful yet :lol:
Oh, and what is this thunderstone if not black, power or folk metal? They even use keyboards... And I believe that even Thunderstone calls themself a power metal band... No no no, this is just the music I dislike. I'm a Finn and don't listen to power metal... and I'm proud of it :)

I think i'll give the Eurovision Song Contest a miss thanks :puke:

However Power Metal is bloody brilliant!! :kickass:

Im currantly listerning to Magic Never Dies by POWER QUEST (and yes they have a keyboard player) and its one of the best albums ive heard for ages (plenty of really fast melodic songs on it) :headbang: :kickass: :headbang:

I need MORE Power Metal..... NOW! :kickass: :headbang: :heh:

Redman
for christ sake
what music do you like
power, black, thrash, prog
at the end of the day , a distinction between music types is generally made by music writers, not us fans
and if by definitition thunderstone fit a catagory just because they use keyboards , then they must be in the same catagory as heavy metal gods, elo,bon jovi,whitesnake,saxon, deep purple the list goes on , so listen numb nuts rock music is just that and leave arty farty muso writers to fuck about putting each band into a box,
as biff once said " rock is our life" perhaps he should have said" powermetal with black overtones is our life"

timothy sykes said:
Redman
for christ sake
what music do you like
power, black, thrash, prog
at the end of the day , a distinction between music types is generally made by music writers, not us fans
and if by definitition thunderstone fit a catagory just because they use keyboards , then they must be in the same catagory as heavy metal gods, elo,bon jovi,whitesnake,saxon, deep purple the list goes on , so listen numb nuts rock music is just that and leave arty farty muso writers to fuck about putting each band into a box,
as biff once said " rock is our life" perhaps he should have said" powermetal with black overtones is our life"

It's okay for me if you like power/black/folk metal etc, but its just not for me. I used to like it, but not anymore. The word "metal" is not enough to make any genre intresting to me. I don't immediately judge bands by what kind of music they play (genre), except if they're black/death metal bands :lol: I always listen to it first. I did listen to thunderstone too, as I already told you (or did I?), and I didn't like it. It just wasn't for me. Too bad :erk:

fair enough redman
if thunderstone arnt to your taste then fair dues to you at least you gave them a listen
keep on rocking

timothy sykes said:
fair enough redman
if thunderstone arnt to your taste then fair dues to you at least you gave them a listen
keep on rocking

You too :headbang:
Maybe I'll learn to like power metal once again, who knows? :lol:

timothy sykes said:
hey redman what about edguy
there another group that might rekindle the old flame

Never heard of them, I mean their music. And I don't have DC++ or anything so I can't even try it out atm :loco: But I try to find few samples or something