EVANESCENCE Singer AMY LEE Welcomes First Child

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
EVANESCENCE singer Amy Lee welcomed her first child, a son named Jack Lion, last Thursday, July 24. "I have never known the depths of my heart till now. The world just exploded into Technicolor," Lee wrote on Instagram. According to People.com, Jack Lion entered the world weighing 7 lbs., 13 oz. The 32-year-old singer has been married to Josh Hartzler, a therapist, since May 2007. The couple live in New York City. Lee told The Pulse Of Radio a while back that she missed her family when she was on the road and was starting to think about starting her own. "Definitely," she said. "That's something I long for more and more the older I get, for sure. Not just about kids of my own, but just spending time with my living family. [laughs] Something I really end up missing a lot on the road is that, you know, just down home family time. You miss a lot of that stuff when you're on the road and it's starting to hit me, like, 'Ooh, I can't get that back.'" With EVANESCENCE currently inactive, Lee recently completed her first film score, with collaborator Dave Eggar, for the movie "War Story". The film premiered in January at the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah. Lee sued her label, Wind-Up Records, for at least $1.5 million over unpaid royalties and other alleged misdeeds, including efforts to sabotage EVANESCENCE's career. The most recent EVANESCENCE album, a self-titled effort, came out in 2011.

More...