"Blinded" just hit Headbanger's Ball last weekend. Its time we kick all
this Nu-Metal crap off of MTV. Log onto MTV2's message board and DEMAND
MORE EVERGREY!!!! There are already a few people talking about it, but we
want to bombard them! Its guerilla marketing time. Let's let MTV know these
guys kick ass and deserve some airplay! Go to the link below and log onto
the MTV2 message board...

http://www.mtv.com/onair/mtv2/headbangers_ball/

and tell your friends the same !

I don't know WHAT was going on last night...but on Headbanger's Ball MTV2 played:

Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast
Helloween - Halloween (I almost passed out)
Megadeth - Wake up Dead

They also played some old Nine Inch Nails and Alice Cooper vids (don't like them..but at least they played some older tunes).

(No offense ment to anybody)

But this isn't going to lead to Evergrey going commercial and eventually adopting a more commercial-radio friendly sound is it?

I enjoy Evergrey just the way it is :)

no, they just want to make alot of cash on doing their stuff.. and i think they deserve it more than anyone else on mtv..
so i am gonna talk good for them, as i have done always since the first day i heard them!
the music wont change just because they will have a video or 2 on mtv2

it's wuite irritating to see these bands like limp bizkit making alot of cash when it really should be evergrey.. and i dont see why it cant be like that as evergrey has so many elements in their music.. i think it's just a matter of trend and shit like that... but i'm sure that one day ill see an evegrey tune on mtv!

Obviously it's because Limp Bizkit is much more accesible than Evergrey. It's easier to comprehend and people who don't listen to music all that seriously can listen to the stuff on the radio with ease.
Just a matter of choosing whether you want to make money or good music (or what I consider good music). It's hard to combine the two,though it's happened before. :)

i dont agree with you.. i dont see why evergrey arent as easy to listen to as any limp bizkit.. evergrey has very good songs and i believe people would be able to hear that themselves if theyd only had the chance to listem to em. i think its a matter of "what is in and what is out".. for example: there has been alot of these rock n roll bands lately, since hellacopters got some recognition (at least in sweden, now theres an inflation of rock bands, none with good songs.. just cause the "seventies" is in :) obviously!
people hae to recognize good bands the old fashion way :)

slaesh said:
i dont agree with you.. i dont see why evergrey arent as easy to listen to as any limp bizkit.. evergrey has very good songs and i believe people would be able to hear that themselves if theyd only had the chance to listem to em. i think its a matter of "what is in and what is out".. for example: there has been alot of these rock n roll bands lately, since hellacopters got some recognition (at least in sweden, now theres an inflation of rock bands, none with good songs.. just cause the "seventies" is in :) obviously!
people hae to recognize good bands the old fashion way :)

Evergrey is metal. Proper metal isn't going to be globally recognized. I don't really care.

On why Evergrey isn't as easy to listen to as Limp,their music is just so much more complicated. Simple. The simplier you make the music,the easier the majority can approach it.
I know Evergrey has lots of good songs,but most people wouldn't think so,I think. The stuff that sells millions is either way different than Evergrey,pop and the likes,or way too shit for Evergrey to ever drop to that level,such as Limp,Linkin Park etc.
Trends and artists change,but the music on the charts tends to stay the same.

well!...?
i think a song like "as i lie here bleeding" could make it bigtime on MTV if it got the chance! cause its an straight forward song really.... they got so many songs who could be hit singles.. words mean nothing for example, one of the best ballads ever!
but i understand that some of the more complicated songs cant make it.. but on RD there are not as much "progparts", i mean, the album is meant to be a major sucess

of course they arent! there is no other band i trust as much as evergrey!
theyre to talented to do it! and i dont think that tom likes rap to much :)
i would like to see a nice duet!