Evergrey - Hymns for the Broken - September 26!

Looking forward to it. But I still hope they'll come back to the great sound of Recreation Day, The Inner Circle and In Search of Truth, their best 3 for me.

I'm cautiously optimistic. I've cooled a lot on "Glorious Collision" in the years since it came out, but I can't give up on Evergrey yet, not after they did so many all-time classics.

I'm cautiously optimistic. I've cooled a lot on "Glorious Collision" in the years since it came out, but I can't give up on Evergrey yet, not after they did so many all-time classics.

I would say I am delusionally optimistic. I want this to be good so badly. I tried super hard to get into the last two, but just could not do it.

Does Glenn have any magic up his sleeve to get this disc to Atlanta a few weeks before the release? He is God, after all.

They completely lost me after Recreation Day. I'm hoping this brings me back. I know band member turnover is hard to manage while making albums/touring so maybe this new lineup will be a bit more stable.

1 min. teaser video posted today on the band's fb page

Is that a new band photo at the 40 second mark??

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=788892727828944&set=vb.133190223399201&type=2&theater

~Jen
Perhaps I (and a lot of other people on their Facebook) are engaging in some wishful thinking, but it looks suspiciously like Henrik Danhage and Jonas Ekdahl at the left and right ends of the lineup, and the lead guitar playing sounds stylistically like Henrik. I have no specific feelings on Jonas's drumming, but I'd really love to see Henrik back in the band.