Evergrey Tribute...

tonte

New Metal Member
Jun 18, 2006
Hi!

Anyone interested in a sort of Evergrey tribute competition? We, record our own version of an Evergrey song and then we vote for the best tribute song.

Sounds interesting?

Enable us to hear all the recordings!

And maybe with some best covers, you can make a commercial official tribute album??

Ok then...
Totally free hands on the covered song. Your own version or a sound-a-like cover. You decide. Or?

Let´s say you have to notfy that you´re in before the end of september. Hopefully we´ll be bunch of "tributes" by then...

Then we´ll make a dead for the competition.

Send me an email if you wanna join... evergrey.tribute@gmail.com
Include:
1. name, nick or something like that...
2. Song you want to perform, först till kvarn, first come first served...

Other suggestions? Comments?

What will really be the deadline?

I'm planning to cover "Encounter" with my band (whose reunion happened some weeks ago). Nevertheless it's not sure (as it has never been). I can't really say that I'll join. But can you make it clearer...?

Can you specify the terms? How can we send our songs (and should the sound quality be considered as a priority)? Should it sound %100 like EG or can we add something of us? (For exemple: Say, a "Mayhem"ic approach to an EG song... I would never do such a cover; but I hope you got the question)

Well...

I don't have it all figured out.:loco: I just thought it would be a fun thing to do... :) My intention was not that I would make up "the rules"...

So let's fund a commission to examine the case and set the rules (as gov't.s do)...

Anyway... Who'll be the jury?

I would love to be a part of this but it would have to be an instrumental if thats ok because I can't sing. If someone would want to lay down a vocal track I should be able to make the music. Anyone interested?

Singing like Tom? Or being capable of providing what Tom does to the songs? And looking for such a singer? Tough work...

It wouldn't matter to me if the vocalist sounded like Tom. Just as long as they could sing in key.

I'm sure this sounds like a horrible idea to you guys but one day I'm gonna re-record every EG album with a bit more heaviness and death metal vocals. I've experimented with it and I think it sounds cool so if I ever do that, I'll show you guys. :p