everytime he dies

bobvex

Teh Forum Fuhrer
Sep 16, 2002
how does alexi do that thing with his guitar at about 00:16-17 on Everytime i die. i am dying to know how. i want to use it some of my own songs
Bob

If you're talking about the harmonics (sounds like a high pitched note) then that's pretty easy. You lighlt put your finger on the fifth fret on the 3 string for the first one and pick. Don't press down on the fret just touch your finger lightly on the string. Then pick the string like normal. Then hold the tone and lift the whammy bar. The second time he does it he hits the second string instead of the third.

Originally posted by bobvex
how does alexi do that thing with his guitar at about 00:16-17 on Everytime i die. i am dying to know how. i want to use it some of my own songs
Bob
Alexi uses the tremolo bar. Here´s what you gotta do:
1. hit a naturural harmonic (press slighty the string for example from the 5. fret.)
and
2. pull the tremolo bar´s "stick" up.
The best way to do this is to use a floyd rose -type bridge. You can´t do this with out a tremolo bar.

Thanx Cerberus, Suatana
I tried that once on my friends floyd rose but broke a string.
I dont have a floyd rose so I cant be doing that till i get a new guitar.

i think everyone knew that. im more impressed with the fact that bob didnt know something having to do with guitars :lol:

bobvex said:
Bob

You might already know this, but you can see how he does that on Tuska 2003 live vid.

Cerberus said:
If you're talking about the harmonics (sounds like a high pitched note) then that's pretty easy. You lighlt put your finger on the fifth fret on the 3 string for the first one and pick. Don't press down on the fret just touch your finger lightly on the string. Then pick the string like normal. Then hold the tone and lift the whammy bar. The second time he does it he hits the second string instead of the third.

i think this is what your talking about i dont play guitar (wish i could) but this it what it sounds like your talking about http://www.youtube.com/w/Trash-Course-with-Alexi-Laiho-2?v=qCcvEx_DRjs&search=alexi laiho its from chokehold and it sounds like what he does in ETID just not as long