EVH 5150 III 100S vs EVH 5150 III 50 Watt - High Gain

Simon Dorn

Jun 24, 2012
www.thy-final-pain.com
Here is the first of the promised miced clips.
I have two more, they are coming in the next few days.
All channels of the Stealth with different guitars in different tunings. Eb and A.

Cheers,
Simon

Last edited by a moderator:
Different settings between the Mini and Stealth, right?
Stealth sounds a bit fuller but in a mix it's probably not that good. I'd go for the mini as well. Would you say the Stealth is more in Peavey 5150 direction and the mini like an Engl? From the sample i feel so. Stealth and Peavey sounds more low middy whereas the mini is more hi mid focused too me.
The mini casing is really "mini" compared to the big heads =D I like that!

Different settings between the Mini and Stealth, right?
Stealth sounds a bit fuller but in a mix it's probably not that good. I'd go for the mini as well. Would you say the Stealth is more in Peavey 5150 direction and the mini like an Engl? From the sample i feel so. Stealth and Peavey sounds more low middy whereas the mini is more hi mid focused too me.
The mini casing is really "mini" compared to the big heads =D I like that!
They were a little bit different. With the presence on 5 and the resonance on six on the mini, they would propably have sounded almost the same.
It's like a member on another Forum wrote: "did exactly the same a few Days ago and to my Wonder the 50 Watt Head sounded very close to the Stealth.
The Stealth IMHO had a little more Punch and Articulation, but with a twist on the EQ of the 50 and it was very close.
To my Surprise the 50 has way better Clean Channel then the Stealth."
We've tested the 100W to the 50W so many times now, and always preferred the mini for high gain tones. Weirdest consistent result ever.
The 100W standard version?