EVH 5150 III Amp settings

John Haddad (Shiva Industries)

Dump Truck Repairs
Nov 17, 2005
Corona, CA
www.trenchstudio.com
Curious if anyone has a full sized 5150 III EVH head and have some settings that worked for you. I have one here in the studio right now and would love to jump right In with a starting point setting. I am using the EVH cab as well, while I can just use my ears too generate a tone it would be nice to A/B with someone else's previous experience with the equipment.

Seems like already the head and cab combo already have way more lows than the previous incarnations, and gain for days. 16 ohm cab killer!!!

Thanks In Advance. :headbang:

Bass: 6
Mid: 3-4
Treb: 5.5-6
Gain: 4
Pres: 8
Vol: 2-3

no TS needed

I just got this guy about a week ago. I've been messing with dialing it in without a mic on the cab. I'm pretty close to this, slightly more Treb (6.5ish) and Gain at noon.

Lasse, should I assume that you're matching this with a Mesa OS cab?

great to hear some love for the stiletto :)

My settings on the older 5150 are close except for the treble and presence... these keep changing.. Its hard for me to get the right balance cause sometimes it gets fizzy in the room.. (somehow when i mic it it doesnt always pick it up depending on the mic position which is a good thing)

Where do you guys like to set you resonance?

5150iii . I want to get that nasty New York thrash tone. WTF do I have to do. It's to bright there's no bottom end. It's been retubed, I've had a mxr custom audio boots/od pedal. I've had a metal zone pedal with volume maxed gain down. I've had the gain on the amp maxed then I've had it down to 3 with the volume cranked up. This thing sounds like shit. Had a line 6 that sounded better.