EVILE + SAVAGE MESSIAH in Kerrang's Cover Album - Metallica's Self-Titled/Black Album

ThatOneDude

Feb 22, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
http://www.theprp.com/2012/06/13/ne...evile-etc-take-part-in-new-metallica-tribute/

This is a very brief article but it gets out what I'm trying to say. Saw it on Austin' tumblr (FUCK YEAH EVILE), but didn't really know if it was true. But as it turns out, Evile's doing covers again! Of the Black Album! So is Savage Messiah, but that's beside the point.

tumblr_m5kgmt3wzf1qzcx1po1_500.jpg

Can I start making Metal Militia jokes now?

THROUGH THE NEVER?! Of all the songs they could've gotten, they got the most repetitive and boring song they've ever recorded. Frickin' hell I hate that song. :lol:

Oh man, I wish they covered My Friend of Misery. That would've been badass. Oh well, Through The Never aint bad.

That one might not be too bad. The rest though.... I'm not holding my hopes up too high. :lol:

I heard it, its awesome. Definitely the best of the covers. The Savage Messiah one is really good as well.

Some of those other covers completely butchered the original songs...

I can only imagine how bad some of them were. :lol:

The main riff totally sounds like an Evile riff though. Er, the beginning of an Evile riff.

Besides Evile's cover (which is brilliant) and Savage Messiah's cover, the CD really... kinda sucked.