Ex-Manager Gets Four Years in Prison for Nightclub Fire

thraxx

You'll Be in Hell With ME
Nov 23, 2002
www.anthrax.com
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island (May 10) - A former rock-band manager whose pyrotechnics caused a nightclub fire that killed 100 people was sentenced Wednesday to four years in prison. Daniel Biechele was sentenced to 15 years with 11 years suspended on 100 counts of involuntary manslaughter for his role in a Feb. 20, 2003 nightclub fire. The fire began after Biechele lit a pyrotechnics display during a Great White show at the Station nightclub in West Warwick, R.I., It killed 100 and wounded 200. Many victims were burned beyond recognition and could only be identified by their dental records.

That was a horrible event and I will never get the pictures out of my head that I saw on tv that day. I wonder what caused them to throw him in jail. By that, I mean what evidence did they have on him - he knew ahead of time the place was too small, didn't give a shit, didn't get things checked out properly, whatever. Anyone know?

eighteeschick said:
That was a horrible event and I will never get the pictures out of my head that I saw on tv that day. I wonder what caused them to throw him in jail. By that, I mean what evidence did they have on him - he knew ahead of time the place was too small, didn't give a shit, didn't get things checked out properly, whatever. Anyone know?
I guess it was negligence on his part. Im guessing they got him on perhaps knowing the place was too small for the pyro, but they used it anyway

I'm pretty sure you have to have a permit to use pyro. He didn't. It's a bad situation for all involved. I feel bad for him because I just think he was being careless and made some poor decisions that he will have to live with for the rest of his life. I also feel very bad for the families because of all the lives lost that night. Lose Lose for everyone affected

Pretty Fucked up shit man. Go out to see some good hard rock and have some drinks and then bam.

Old bands shouldn't even use pyro at all - just plug in play your hey day is done.

I feel kinda bad for the dude. I mean, I don't know how he feels, but if I were responsible for all of those deaths and the suffering of all those people involved....not a second would go by for the rest of my life without being torn apart by it.