Ex-TESTAMENT Guitarist JAMES MURPHY Joins FOREIGN OBJECTS

ms. anthrope

back off, mofo...
Feb 12, 2002
s.f. bay area
www.msanthrope.com
from BLABBERMOUTH:

Ex-TESTAMENT Guitarist JAMES MURPHY Joins FOREIGN OBJECTS - Aug. 18, 2004

Renowned metal guitarist James Murphy (ex-TESTAMENT, DEATH, OBITUARY) has officially joined FOREIGN OBJECTS, the "neo-technical death metal" band formed by CKY members Deron Miller (guitar) and Jess Margera (drums). The group are planning on playing scattered shows in support of their upcoming double-CD, "Universal Culture Shock/Undiscovered Numbers and Colors", due on October 31 through Distant Recordings. This two-disc compilation features the "Universal Culture Shock" album (which was recorded in 1998 but shelved until now) and the "Undiscovered Numbers and Colors" EP, which was originally released in 1995. Both CDs have been digitally remastered and Disc Two is enhanced with one of the only two shows that FOREIGN OBJECTS has ever played in their brief career.

"Universal Culture Shock/Undiscovered Numbers and Colors" track listing:

Disc 1:

01. Test It Out
02. They Come in Peace
03. Chemical Control
04. Puzzles
05. Genesis 12a
06. F.O.#10
07. Planetary
08. Disengage the Simulator
09. Big Boy
10. F.O.#8
11. Victory

Disc 2:

01. The Undiscovered Numbers & Colors
02. Far Cry Behind
03. The Other Side of the End of the Universe
04. Delve
05. Destination Undefined
06. 1996 Henderson Auditorium Show (Video for Mac/PC)

Scourge of Malice said:
FO is fucking awesome. Im very excited about this. Go download the Undiscovered Numbers and Colors to get a sense of what they sound like.

instead, how about going to deron miller's site: www.deronmiller.com and ORDER the CD and actually PAY for it... lol.... so that they.. and now "we".. can continute to make new CD's.... economics my friends... projects like this just don't have the kind of money behind them to bear too much piracy... if the cd's aren't bought no more can be made.

i appreciate your enthusiasm though.... just please take care to actually support the music you claim to like/love.

thanks... looking forward to everyone finally getting to hear the new F.O., "Universal Culture Shock". you can pre-order it now!!

I download and buy music...downloading is an excellent way to check out new bands and I for sure will download Foreign Objects first before I hear it. If they own(I'm sure they do), I will of course buy it as I love adding more Cds to my growing collection.
I downloaded James Murphy - feeding the machine first before I bought it...albums like that deserve to be bought. I recently came across the first Solstice(US) album finally, I have yet to receive it in the mail...shall be an interesting listen. According to the discography at jamesmurphy.com he's contributed 4 solos and some backing vocals, that's real cool. I love every James has done for music.

thanks... looking forward to everyone finally getting to hear the new F.O., "Universal Culture Shock". you can pre-order it now!!
I'm absolutely dying to hear this, I've been waiting for a Foreign Objects re-release for years. It was due to be released today, but it's going to be held up for a little bit (for anybody who doesn't know and is interested, Deron said that the pressing plant weren't aware that one of the discs was going to be enhanced, so there will be a week or so delay. Jess also said something about the artwork taking a little longer than expected [digipack])

For now I shall be listening to the original Undiscovered Numbers & Colors and the few instrumental demos I have for a few of the songs on Universal Culture Shock... the wait for the album is absolutely killing me, especially considering I've been counting down the days to today! Oh well, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

Listening to Univeral Culture Shock right now... it's god damn amazing, it was definitely worth the wait. After listening to the demos for so long, I wasn't sure if the solos would fit and if I'd like them (the same goes for the vocals. It's odd listening to a finished song after listening to the instrumentals for years... but my god words cannot express how impressed I am with the finished product! A brilliant album!!