Excellent Show in Michigan

Oct 18, 2010
Greetings.

Just seen Anthrax, Megadeth, and Slayer in Grand Rapids-Michigan at the Deltaplex Arena last weekend. Anthrax was amazing. Been a lot of years since I seen them play. They were on tour with White Zombie during the Sound of White Noise I believe so it has been a while. I drove three hours to see the show and three hours after the show and it was totally worth it.

Great show. All the bands were good but I thought Anthrax and Megadeth were particularly great. Has anyone heard if Anthrax is planning on any shows after the Jagermeister Music Tour/American Carnage/Clash of the Titans II?

I would love to see them in Toledo-Ohio or Detroit-Michigan. Especially in a smaller venue.

Thanks.
-Michigan-anthrax-fan

Greetings.

Just seen Anthrax, Megadeth, and Slayer in Grand Rapids-Michigan at the Deltaplex Arena last weekend. Anthrax was amazing. Been a lot of years since I seen them play. They were on tour with White Zombie during the Sound of White Noise I believe so it has been a while. I drove three hours to see the show and three hours after the show and it was totally worth it.

Great show. All the bands were good but I thought Anthrax and Megadeth were particularly great. Has anyone heard if Anthrax is planning on any shows after the Jagermeister Music Tour/American Carnage/Clash of the Titans II?

I would love to see them in Toledo-Ohio or Detroit-Michigan. Especially in a smaller venue.

Thanks.
-Michigan-anthrax-fan

They're never playing Toledo ever again. I can guarantee it.

I don't give a damn about the whole state of Michigan, because I'm from Ohio...

but yeah, I didn't go to the show back in August here in Cleveland because Anthrax wasn't on the bill, so they need to come back to Cleveland first.

They've only played Toledo ONE time in their entire career. On the WCFYA tour. It was a Monday night, December 1st, 2003. There were way too many local openers that dragged on and on forever. There must have been 10 Anthrax fans in attendance...most people there were friends of opening bands. My cousin Brandon and I were there. The band played great, but since they had never played Toledo, they never really built up a fanbase there. Plus, almost no bands ever play Toledo anymore, so there isn't much of a concert audience. Most people from Toledo go to see shows in Detroit. People from Detroit probably could have came to the Toledo show, except that it was a Monday night and the band went on really damn late in the evening.

They did play Cadillac Rock Box at that show, the only time they ever played it live.

After the show, Scott Ian posted an AlphaMail that said something like "Toledo was a lot like the movie 28 Days Later...except without all of the zombies."

They've only played Toledo ONE time in their entire career. On the WCFYA tour. It was a Monday night, December 1st, 2003. There were way too many local openers that dragged on and on forever. There must have been 10 Anthrax fans in attendance...most people there were friends of opening bands.

Fairly common during the latter John Bush era. They played out in Los Angeles (orange county) during that tour and there wasn't more than 300 people there. Sounds like more than Toledo. 10 Anthrax fans is pretty sad. They sounded good but there just wasn't much interest and it made the show fairly boring as there was not much energy.

Fairly common during the latter John Bush era. ...

Misrepresented, as always, by this guy.
I remember being at probably 5 shows in New York/New Jersey/Pennsylvania during 2004-2004, and they all were PACKED with Anthrax fans - singing, screaming, moshing. Three of those events had Anthrax headlining (The Chance in Poughkeepsee, Irving Plaza in NYC, and I don't remember the name of the Philly's venue) - the whole audience was nuts about the band.
Beacon Theater in NYC, October, 2004. Dio, God bless his soul, looked a little bleak after Anthrax's fiery performance (with Chuck D jumping out on stage for the Noise). And Beacon is one of the best venues in NYC.
Sometimes, the truth is in facts, not in the opinions or a matter of taste. Perhaps, it'd do you more favor, if you were to remember that.

Fairly common during the latter John Bush era. They played out in Los Angeles (orange county) during that tour and there wasn't more than 300 people there. Sounds like more than Toledo. 10 Anthrax fans is pretty sad. They sounded good but there just wasn't much interest and it made the show fairly boring as there was not much energy.

Bullshit, EVERY show I went to on that tour EXCEPT Toledo was packed to the fucking doors.

Now, you may be correct that any headlining shows for Stomp or Vol. 8 could have been smaller shows (I didn't start seeing them until 2002 when they were touring with Ripper era Priest), I'd say that was probably the low point for Anthrax (and metal in general).

December, 1999. Bowery Ballroom. Packed. In fact, there was no tickets, I and my friend had to spend $120 each to get from scalpers.
February (if I'm not mistaken), 2002. Roseland Ballroom. On that tour with the Priest. The line was stretching out around the corner and two or three blocks up Broadway.

Bullshit, EVERY show I went to on that tour EXCEPT Toledo was packed to the fucking doors.

Now, you may be correct that any headlining shows for Stomp or Vol. 8 could have been smaller shows (I didn't start seeing them until 2002 when they were touring with Ripper era Priest), I'd say that was probably the low point for Anthrax (and metal in general).

You are right. It was not that tour it was the tour before that one. It was the Volume 8 tour that I went to. I never went to a tour from that wcfya album tour.

I know that wcfya had the song 'safe home' which gave them significant radio play in many rock markets, including chicago and other major cities. This helped them gain exposure and get people out to the shows.

I heard that song ;safe home' on the radio in San Diego and they said 'that was Anthrax, with Safe Home' and I about wanted to gag. But didn't expect any less as I gave up after Stomp and Vol 8.

Thank god there won't be any safe home type shit on this next album.... at least I hope not. Scott claims they are going to be Thrash metal and not pop rock. So that is a good sign!

Listen to "Fight 'Em" and "Safe Home" back to back, and then laugh at the nonsense that was Bushthrax.

Listen to "Fight 'Em" and "Safe Home" back to back, and then laugh at the nonsense that was Bushthrax.

troll1.jpg